Stanford 2020 for $20 Million

Who would be your choice for Stanford Superstars captain?

• Dwayne Bravo

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Chris Gayle

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Sylvester Joseph

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
Middlesex threw the game away, how many dropped catches?! Fair enough they're obviously hard at this ground but they can't afford to drop as many as they did.

I think Middlesex missed a trick by dropping Finn. He was very impressive against England. I'd have stuck Henderson at the top of the order and put Finn in instead of Carter, who's looked pretty shocking tbh. He picked up a wicket last night, but he's wayward, lacks pace, and was massively assisted by the pitch. If it wasn't for the pitch he'd have been spanked. Dexter's innings was impressive as well, he looked really good, shame Malan failed though :(, hundred against the Superstars tbh :p.

If England drop one of the seamers instead of Wright i'll be disappointed, I'm not sure what he's offering to the team. None of the sloggers have scored runs, the most effective batsmen have been the unorthodox but talented players, someone like Pietersen should be depended on to make the big runs, not Luke Wright. He's just playing filler atm, if it was Napier in in his place then I'd understand keeping him in, as his bowling is brilliant and he can actually hit the ball far consistently. But I don't see what Wright offers on this wicket, get Swann in for him.

Dinesh Ramdin was superb last night as well, 1 shot I really liked was from a head high full toss from Carter that he managed to cut for 6, awesome shot. He looked really good last night Ramdin, surprised he's not in the Stanford team tbh.

Watched the whole thing live. Middlesex had it in the bag, strangely enough it was Neil Carter, a player they had signed on loan to help them win the money, that lost them the money - they were easing to victory when Trinidad & Tobago needed 28 to win from 21 balls. Carter then bowled a height no ball that was smashed for six and they suddenly needed 21 from 21. :noway

Hoping to see Harmison in action tonight.

Ramdin, is good when he is good, he is not doing these performances enough in any format of the game, that is why he is not part of the SS, and too since he was part of the T&T winning team last season he had to play for them, similar to a few of the Middlesex players I would imagine, and honestly, it is no different from any other countries, Stanford has over 200 players to select from so its no cake walk, you will be surprised to know that there are guys in the Stanford 20/20 (the annual league) that hit the ball a mile long, quick in the field and takes wickets, and most times pundits here in the West Indies ask, why are they not playing for the senior team, but the fact is some of them don't even play serious club cricket.
Stanford bank rolled every team in his league, gears, equipment, everything so you have instances where some guys played for one thing, the money, MOM can collect as much as USD25,000.00, every man in the Caribbean that can hold a bat was trying out for 20/20 selection :p

Last edited:
If England drop one of the seamers instead of Wright i'll be disappointed, I'm not sure what he's offering to the team. None of the sloggers have scored runs, the most effective batsmen have been the unorthodox but talented players, someone like Pietersen should be depended on to make the big runs, not Luke Wright. He's just playing filler atm, if it was Napier in in his place then I'd understand keeping him in, as his bowling is brilliant and he can actually hit the ball far consistently. But I don't see what Wright offers on this wicket, get Swann in for him.
Did you miss Dexter's hitting last night? Someone who can clear the ropes is crucial, especially on this outfield.

But Napier better than Wright? Bowling maybe, but certainly not batting. Napier has, what? 2 or 3 decent innings and suddenly he's the next Viv Richards? Wright was doing that a couple of years ago, and since then he's not looked out of depth in the International games.

But Napier better than Wright? Bowling maybe, but certainly not batting. Napier has, what? 2 or 3 decent innings and suddenly he's the next Viv Richards? Wright was doing that a couple of years ago, and since then he's not looked out of depth in the International games.

There is no question, in my book, that Napier is a far better bowler than Wright. Wright seems to just wang down a heavy ball, whereas Napier has a yard on Wright, is slightly more accurate and swings the ball. I think that the difference in their batting is negligable at eight too. For the record though, I think Wright is a better OD and T20 batsman than Napier.

Can you point out where I claimed that Napier's the next Viv Richards?

Napier made 326 runs in 11 matches, he wasn't exactly consistent, but he proved he's as good as Wright, and offers as much as Wright does if not more. I like Luke Wright, I happen to stick up for him quite alot, but I can't see what he's offering the team at the minute. England have enough players that are capable of clearing the rope. Shah, Pietersen, Flintoff and Patel is more than enough. Wright's just the extra part, he offers nothing. I'd take him out and have Swann at 8, who's still a capable batsman and offers far more with the ball. I don't see the point of dropping a seamer, when you've still got the extra part still in the team.

Wright tends to just slog in Twenty20 as well, and no-one who's slogged has done anything of merit so far. The best players so far have been the ones to actually play properly, but aggressively. Guys like Malan, Joseph, Ramdin, and Dexter, Dexter was playing properly, Luke Wright tries to hit the ball too hard and ends up looking ghastly and lacking in technique, that's why the likes of Angryangy don't rate him, as soon as he gets into International cricket he just slogs. He's one for the future though definitely. Wright is a better batsman than Napier though, I'll give you that, but at 8 Wright's wasted.

It's weird though, for the first time ever, I don't care if England win or not. The ECB gets a chunk either way which is the main thing. It's obvious this match is about personal gain rather than a country aspect.

Also, dropping Finn, playing Carter and that probably costing them the game, is karma. :D

Man I wish Ramdin would of play like this for West Indies. It's a Shame.

May be early to say, but this does look a better pitch. At least this one has some pace behind it, will certainly suit Harmison. Just a shame about the divet in the pitch, already seen 1 ball hit that and roll along the floor. It looks a better pitch than the one in the first game though tbh.

Cook at 9 proves how much he's in the England ODi/T20 plans. If another few guys pick up this stomach bug then I'd love to see Malan and Finn in the side, especially Malan, he's a top top batsman, and has already proven that in the tournament so far. This could be a better game I reckon, pitch certainly doesn't look as dead for this one.

Yeh, Juggernauth's going round the park though, I'm loving this, watching KP smack Trinidad about, Belly's doing his job as well. KP's enjoying this, bringing out all the shots, walking across his stumps, attempted switch hitting, looking in good touch after abit of a shaky start. Love watching Pietersen bat, those Adidas gloves are sexy as aswell.

Edit: Lovely shot from Belly right there, a typical Ian Bell shot. This is what we've been looking for in a pitch all week. This is actually entertaining cricket, what Twenty20's supposed to be about.

Users who are viewing this thread