Stanford 2020 for $20 Million

Who would be your choice for Stanford Superstars captain?

• Dwayne Bravo

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Chris Gayle

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Sylvester Joseph

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
Yeah the gears looks pretty, Bell gone in comes the big dog, Flintoff himself, well this is bend or break for T&T with these two HITTERS in there!!!

WestIndian added 14 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

Man what great looking dancing girls, oh and a very good wicket too, KP gone:p:happy

What's the point of playing cook at 9? I know he can't bat very aggressively so why don't they just put Malan in for this game? And Bopara at 8???

What's the point of playing cook at 9? I know he can't bat very aggressively so why don't they just put Malan in for this game? And Bopara at 8???

They're basically the only members still in the squad who aren't ill, so they just got wacked in to make up the numbers as far as I can see. Lower down the order so that the higher order members get a feel for batting where they will against the Superstars.

Excellent last over by Rampaul, especially bowling 4 of them to Flintoff. Not a bad score at all, but one would imagine, based on how KP was going they were set for 175, good score nonetheless.

They're basically the only members still in the squad who aren't ill, so they just got wacked in to make up the numbers as far as I can see. Lower down the order so that the higher order members get a feel for batting where they will against the Superstars.

Yea, but they still could've played Malan and Finn instead, Finn would provide a third seaming option and Malan is an aggressive batsman down the order who can also bowl. It would've been better than wasting the number 9 spot with Cook.

How is it wasted? It's an umimportant game, it doesn't matter.

Yea, but they still could've played Malan and Finn instead, Finn would provide a third seaming option and Malan is an aggressive batsman down the order who can also bowl. It would've been better than wasting the number 9 spot with Cook.
But Malan and Finn are part of the Middlesex squad and not the England squad.

Because Malan isn't available to England for this tournament, just like Bopara isn't available to Middlesex.

But I thought that Malan and Finn were 12th and 13th men for this game?

And it kinda is wasted as if everyone's still sick then they might have to play the game versus the superstars and this could get them in form.

But I thought that Malan and Finn were 12th and 13th men for this game?

And it kinda is wasted as if everyone's still sick then they might have to play the game versus the superstars and this could get them in form.

But they'll be playing again on Thursday, so if they are needed, they'll have match practice and against a much better team.

England can actually lose the match against Trinidad & Tobago. Trinidad & Tobago need 10 runs from 9 balls from here.

Flintoff got Kelly, but Trinidad & Tobago still has a chance. 10 runs from 7 balls needed.

4 runs from 2 balls needed with Badree just hitting a four.

Here we go: 3 runs needed from the last ball.

England won the match by one run! Rampaul only took a single run from the last ball.

Last edited:
England hasn't been impressive at all. They narrowly won their matches with 12 runs and 1 run so far. Not a great warm-up when there is a lot at stake in upcoming weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread