Stanford 2020 for $20 Million

Who would be your choice for Stanford Superstars captain?

• Dwayne Bravo

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Chris Gayle

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Sylvester Joseph

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
It's lame. Jimmy deserves a pay boost, he's been Englands best bowler in the past 6-8 months, yet he gets dropped and Wright gets to stay in the team. He must be abit of a favourite for Kevin Pietersen. Hopefully Wright will pick up that stomach bug tonight, so that Jimmy can play tommorow night :p. I'm amazed that Wright is in over Anderson, Swann could have batted at 8, he's a decent batter. Ah well, just better hope we win now.

nah was just an awesome prediction :p Yeh I knew. Can't say I really disagree either, as you say Andersons never really done it in twenty20's.

I have tried to watch the series, but I have been really dissapointed with the standard of cricket.

What a let down. :noway

The last 2 matches have been very good. The pitch has improved, apart from Gayle's dismissal last night, and there has been some great hitting. That young keeper for the Stanford Superstars, Fletcher i think, looked very impressive last night. I think the final game could be good, the pitch certainly looked like it had some runs in it last night. KP's going to make a half century in the final ;)

Thank god Anderson has been dropped he would have been tonked for about 50 runs off four overs.

Still think Sidey would have been a better bet than Harmy.

This is a real test of Anderson's character tbh. He could easily be demoralized by being dropped so it's vital that he performs well in India.

This is a real test of Anderson's character tbh. He could easily be demoralized by being dropped so it's vital that he performs well in India.

Well he should get over it. There's no space for temperamental players and plus with the IPL possibility in the future he'll get an income anyway. Just not now:p

Nah, the IPL deal's gone down the pan apparently. The IPL chiefs don't think it's worth signing English players for just 2 weeks that they're available, and want them to commit to the full tournament if they want to play. That's not going to happen though as we need time to prepare for The Ashes, which is FAR more important than some mickey mouse Twenty20 tournament.

Who says Jimmy won't sign when he's 28 at the peak of his bowling.

well here is the big one now...i fully expect fireworks today and want them as it as one of the main reasons i stayed in last night...that and the rain :p

Really looking forward to this one actuallly. It's been a really entertaining week, and although alot of people have been slagging it off, it's been entertaining and that's all that Twenty20 is supposed to be. The standard of cricket's been high, and it's been good to watch.

The Sky show has been good so far this evening, maintained the entertainment for the whole time that this programmes been on. Normally that's the problem with these pre-game shows, getting boring before the cricket's even started. This is going to be a great game, and hopefully it won't be a walkover for 1 side. Be great if it went down to the last over, Flintoff vs Pollard.

Just hope KP hits some runs now.

Yep. The Sky team were trying to catch under the lights which I thought was quite good.

Seems/Feels like the World Cup final :p

Great delivery from Taylor. Bell and Prior looked good though, some good running, were keeping the scoreboard ticking. Time for Shah to really show his talents, time for a finals day-esque innings from Owais. If he can do that here we'll win.

Another cracker from Taylor. A pretty shocking first over from Taylor, but this has been superb. Full and Straight looks the plan, luckily we've got Fred and Harmy =D

I love that backfoot cover drive that KP plays, looks so effortlessly stylish. He just flows the bat through the ball and stands so tall, looks amazing. He really is a fantastic batsman to watch, hopefully he and Shah can stick around. If these 2 bat for 10 overs we'll have rocketed along. Can't afford to have Freddie coming in fresh against Benn and Mohammed.

Last edited:
Lolz. Think I might have cursed both Shah and Pietersen. Need a miracle to post a good total now. Up to Fred, Colly, Patel and Wright now. Lucky Wright got in ahead of Anderson really, seems like we might be needing im.

Users who are viewing this thread