Super 8: 20th Match England v India

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll say it again; 6 sixes is not heartache. Scoring a hundred against us is not heartache. Having KP as his bunny is not heartache.

Losing the Ashes 5-0; that's heartache. Having Flintoff injured so often; that's heartache. Ben Hollioake being tragically killed in a car crash; that's heartache.

For England fans, right? What abt Indian fans? Do you expect us to concur with you that the Ashes is the biggest prize on earth?

Yuvraj would be the obvious choice of target for English fans given how much heartache he has caused their team in the recent past.

Honestly, with the number of things we did wrong today, it wouldn't have mattered if we won or loss because we would have been (and will be) eaten alive by South Africa in the next game anyway.

Definitely cent percent correct. Everyone shocked when he hit first ball for 102 m six

No, but you're telling us what our heartache should be. I personally couldn't care less about that one over. I've moved on, Broad's seriously moved on and it's a very minor issue. Losing the Ashes 5-0 to Australia was far worse, on a completely different planet.

lol what a pleasant surprise England knocking India out...England are continuing their pattern of 1 bad game then 1 good game...if the pattern follows, England can say goodbye tomorrow...but still well played to England, not expected to compete this much after the Netherlands loss.

I'm surprised by Dhoni's captanicy, he used to be aggressive, the old Dhoni would have probably sent in Yuvraj instead of Jadeja.

It's the biggest prize on earth for us. I've never said anything otherwise. Some fat pie chucker hitting a few runs against us is not heartache when it's compared to the death of one the country's most promising talents of recent years is it?

The fact that Stuart Broad's 36 run over has been forgotten about by us English fans and the man himself says a lot about how we play and support our cricket. You move on from set-backs and you put the bad things behind you.

For England fans, right? What abt Indian fans? Do you expect us to concur with you that the Ashes is the biggest prize on earth?
No. :onpc

The Ashes is our biggest prize, far far bigger than the Twenty20 World Cup. Yuvraj's six sixes have meant very little to the England team or the career of young Broad. Rubbing the Yuvraj thing in our faces will have no effect though, because we just don't care about it.

I'll say it again; 6 sixes is not heartache. Scoring a hundred against us is not heartache. Having KP as his bunny is not heartache.

Losing the Ashes 5-0; that's heartache. Having Flintoff injured so often; that's heartache. Ben Hollioake being tragically killed in a car crash; that's heartache.
Singular concentration on The Ashes is why the English cricket team has slipped so much in international cricket. Honestly, if you don't care about a game of cricket, you shouldn't be playing in it anyway.

When Australia got knocked out of the cup this year, I believe a reporter said something along the lines of, "Well, it's not a big deal because this is just Twenty20 and the Ashes are coming up... so it's good you guys get to prepare for it." And his response was along the lines of, "No, not at all. We are very hurt that we have been knocked out this early in the tournament. We really wanted to win it."

So, it's evident that the teams actually want to be out there. It appears that putting The Ashes on a pedestal and disregarding everything else is simply a facade to prevent conveying any emotions on any other series. There are still 9 other nations playing Test cricket (well 7 if you discount Zim and Ban) and although The Ashes have special meaning, a team nor its fans should never be going into a series saying, "Well this isn't the Ashes so I really don't care what happens." What's the point of international cricket then? You might as well just keep playing The Ashes over and over again.

i really wanna say again England should win this world T20 cup .
Because they invented this game but never won any major trophies :rolleyes:
Why does that have any relevance? We invented most team sports of the world and we're poor at most of them. We won't this tournament.

We've won the Ashes before hari mate. That's the major prize we care about. Jog on.

I'm going to get so much stick at school tomorrow.

Singular concentration on The Ashes is why the English cricket team has slipped so much in international cricket. Honestly, if you don't care about a game of cricket, you shouldn't be playing in it anyway.

When Australia got knocked out of the cup this year, I believe a reporter said something along the lines of, "Well, it's not a big deal because this is just Twenty20 and the Ashes are coming up... so it's good you guys get to prepare for it." And his response was along the lines of, "No, not at all. We are very hurt that we have been knocked out this early in the tournament. We really wanted to win it."

So, it's evident that the teams actually want to be out there. It appears that putting The Ashes on a pedestal and disregarding everything else is simply a facade to prevent conveying any emotions on any other series. There are still 9 other nations playing Test cricket (well 7 if you discount Zim and Ban) and although The Ashes have special meaning, a team nor its fans should never be going into a series saying, "Well this isn't the Ashes so I really don't care what happens." What's the point of international cricket then? You might as well just keep playing The Ashes over and over again.

Think you've misunderstood 1 or 2 other posts, but not all English fans completely disregard every other International event. I care alot about every tournament England enter and every series they compete in, but Yuvraj Singh hitting 6 sixes against a 19 year old fast bowler in a T20 game that was of zero importance to our team 2 years ago will never share anywhere near the same level of importance as a Test series against Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread