Super 8: 20th Match England v India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Singular concentration on The Ashes is why the English cricket team has slipped so much in international cricket. Honestly, if you don't care about a game of cricket, you shouldn't be playing in it anyway.

Where have I said I don't care about it? I care about every England game because I love my country. However, it's easy to forget about a T20 game than Ashes game because there is a chasm in importance between them. I'm disapointed whenever we lose, but it's not heartache to have a fat fella hit a few sixes against us. Maybe if it was in a final then yes, but in a game when we were knocked out already it was just like one of those moments where you had to laugh.

No, but you're telling us what our heartache should be. I personally couldn't care less about that one over. I've moved on, Broad's seriously moved on and it's a very minor issue. Losing the Ashes 5-0 to Australia was far worse, on a completely different planet.
I was obviously not referring only to that one over. A quick glance at Yuvi's statistics shows that he averages 53.76 against England in ODIs, with 3 centuries and 5 fifties, a full 16 runs above his career average. He obviously has a taste for the England attack, and he has won many games against them in the past that appeared lost (the Natwest final, for example).

I don't mean heartache in that it renders you useless, I mean it in the way that he keeps getting the better of your guys. Kind of like Hayden against India, and more recently Dwayne Bravo (who single-handedly won 2 ODI games in the last over in our last tour over there).

No. :onpc

The Ashes is our biggest prize, far far bigger than the Twenty20 World Cup. Yuvraj's six sixes have meant very little to the England team or the career of young Broad. Rubbing the Yuvraj thing in our faces will have no effect though, because we just don't care about it.

If you didnt care so much about it, why did you guys bother to try rubbing it in on Indian fans here after today's game? The primary reason for the ridicule of the Indian team was Yuvraj Singh and that over against Broad. If you dont accept it, I cant do anymore to make you accept.

We've won the Ashes before hari mate. That's the major prize we care about. Jog on.

well if you play a series 100 or so times of coarse you're gonna win some of them...England may only care about ashes, but obviously its not the only thing Aussies care about, yet they still end up beating you at it most of the time

Maybe if it was in a final then yes, but in a game when we were knocked out already it was just like one of those moments where you had to laugh.
He's played one of the innings' of his life against you in a final as well. Obviously I'm not basing Yuvi's performances against England on one over of T20 cricket. It seems that one over has made you forget everything else. :p

If you didnt care so much about it, why did you guys bother to try rubbing it in on Indian fans here after today's game? The primary reason for the ridicule of the Indian team was Yuvraj Singh and that over against Broad. If you dont accept it, I cant do anymore to make you accept.
We do care about this tournament. But it doesn't stand anywhere near the same level of care as the Ashes.

A lot of the English members on here were just waiting for their chance to take glee in the overzealous Indian fans dismay.

I was obviously not referring only to that one over. A quick glance at Yuvi's statistics shows that he averages 53.76 against England in ODIs, with 3 centuries and 5 fifties, a full 16 runs above his career average. He obviously has a taste for the England attack, and he has won many games against them in the past that appeared lost (the Natwest final, for example).

I don't mean heartache in that it renders you useless, I mean it in the way that he keeps getting the better of your guys. Kind of like Hayden against India, and more recently Dwayne Bravo (who single-handedly won 2 ODI games in the last over in our last tour over there).

It provides me with zero heartache whatsoever. I actually respect a guy for upping his game against us and performing against us. I enjoy watching a full flow Yuvraj Singh bat. Sure I'm disappointed if his performance leads to an England defeat, I care alot about England's performances, but 1 man's performance gives me no heartache at all, and that 1 particular over that a certain section of Indian fans like to continually return to offers zero heartache to me and would frankly have been all but forgotten. It's a team sport, and the heartache comes from an England defeat, not the performance of 1 man in the opposing side.

Yeah now that Natwest final was heartache because we had it in the bag and lost it. That was a game of actual importance. As i've already said, his 36 over was in a dead game in which the result mattered very very little to me. Also I was 11 at the time so i'd be heartbroken about falling over over losing a packet of crisps.

Originally Posted by evertonfan
We've won the Ashes before hari mate. That's the major prize we care about. Jog on.

oh yeah in 2005 you win .That was the greatest test series i have ever seen
but the loss with 5-0 was no words. thats it.
if india lost like that with pakistan in tests .I don't know what would have happend in india:eek:

oh yeah in 2005 you win .That was the greatest test series i have ever seen
but the loss with 5-0 was no words. thats it.
if india lost like that with pakistan in tests .I don't know what would have happend in india:eek:
Of course we were up in arms about it. But what would rioting or whatever the Indian fans would have done done to help?

Of course we were up in arms about it. But what would rioting or whatever the Indian fans would have done done to help?

Some morons do it in India, maybe 10-15 out of a billion. Those are publicity hungry animals. Does it mean you generalize it to all "Indian fans"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread