The 2008 Beijing Olympics Thread

Germaine Mason has a medal according to the comms. in the High Jump

Our (GB) first in the Birds Nest.

Silver or Bronze by the sounds of it.

Carn Miao Miao... she is zooming along in Table Tennis, what a win...

DO IT FOR THE AUSSIES!!:happy

Great Aussie name...:p

I didn't relise BMX riding is in the games this year with all the jumps. Looks pretty cool, starts tomorrow i think. Theres this aussie guy who legally changed his name to "Kamakazi". Would be interesting to see the crowds reaction if he won a medal when they announce his name!

We're still in third, by some margin. Dame Edna, Rolf Harris, John Howard, Shane Warne your boys have taken one hell of a b.............what, too soon?

On another point, the Russians have been poor.

I was being satyrical in reference to the fact that Mason has only recently been chosen to represent team GB after previously being part of the Jamaican team. Add to this the common belief by a lot of ignorant cricket fans that half of England's cricket team isn't English. Pietersen, Strauss, Panesar etc. Of course it's all ludicrous, but anything for a cheap giggle.

Shame you can't change teams in football, Giggs might've realised how useless Wales were and decide to jump ship to England!

MasterBlaster76 added 2 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

We're still in third, by some margin. Dame Edna, Rolf Harris, John Howard, Shane Warne your boys have taken one hell of a b.............what, too soon?

On another point, the Russians have been poor.

Come on, mate! If you're going to do it, do it properly:

JOHN HOWARD!!! JOHN HOWARD ARE YOU LISTENING?? JOHN HOWARD, SHANE WARNE, DAME EDNA, ROLF HARRIS, YOUR BOYS HAVE TAKEN ONE HELL OF A BEATING!!!! :) :happy

GO TEAM GB!!!!

Last edited:
India's final two hopes for a medal, Jitender and Vijender, will box today.

After winning 3 medals in the past 24 years, India wins two medals in one day to increase its total to 3 medals for this Olympics. It's not much, but it's a significant improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread