The 2008 Beijing Olympics Thread

I couldn't believe what I was hearing when that came on the news this evening. Not "pretty" enough? Disgraceful.

I agree 100%, and I hope she's compensated somehow. But knowing China, I wouldn't hold my breath. Would've been interesting to hear the girl on screen actually sing, maybe she's useless!

Anyone feel like calling Katie Mellua a liar yet? So far I haven't seen a single bicycle and there's supposed to be 9 million of them in Beijing.

Anyone feel like calling Katie Mellua a liar yet? So far I haven't seen a single bicycle and there's supposed to be 9 million of them in Beijing.
There are hundreds of them alongside the Shunyi Rowing Lake.

Anyone see that Chinese woman in the weightlifting? Incredible stuff. She broke the world record for the 'snatch', 13kg ahead of her nearest rival. Then in the 'clean and jerk' she lifted 158kg to beat that world record. Therefore breaking 3 world records with her overall score.

Anyone see that Chinese woman in the weightlifting? Incredible stuff. She broke the world record for the 'snatch', 13kg ahead of her nearest rival. Then in the 'clean and jerk' she lifted 158kg to beat that world record. Therefore breaking 3 world records with her overall score.

Talking of weightlifting, what was the point of the female British entry carrying on when she was clearly injured, had no chance of getting a medal and may well risk an even worse back injury? Obviously I'm no expert, but I would've thought that if you had a back injury, weightlifting is the last thing you should do?

Talking of weightlifting, what was the point of the female British entry carrying on when she was clearly injured, had no chance of getting a medal and may well risk an even worse back injury? Obviously I'm no expert, but I would've thought that if you had a back injury, weightlifting is the last thing you should do?

Yeh I saw that. She did quite well considering, but as you say, what's the point in risking it? I think she just wanted to compete seeing as she was out there.

Is it just me or does the weightlifting events sound more like sexual things?

Yeh I saw that. She did quite well considering, but as you say, what's the point in risking it? I think she just wanted to compete seeing as she was out there.

Fair enough I suppose, I mean, I'd imagine her physio wouldn't let her do herself permanent harm. I'd probably feel the same if I were in her position.

India has three boxers in the round of 16. They all have the last names of Kumar, interestingly. I'm hoping at least one of them can get into the semifinals.

Users who are viewing this thread