The PlanetCricket Battrick Sledging Thread

Hmm, not to clever, calling up and dropping players stuffs around morale apparently, surely he could've just BT Mailed you. Only helps if he plays, even then you've got to get the subsidy paid out, quite often it doesn't get paid.

Over and above all that, if he gets selected congrats! :)

It's not an issue if morale is reset when the new manager takes over. Can't remember if it is though...

That would negate that if it is like that, I don't know myself , but still why didn't he just BT Mail him?

It's a lot quicker to just check :p I seem to remember it happening to Ludlam when the England NT Fringe was being set up.

I know, it happened to Surmon last season, I found it strange an 18yo was being called up to the U19 sqaud, turns out it was a mistake though :p

EDIT:

Logged on this morning to find Surmon called up twice and dropped once, I know he's in with a shout for selection but there are some real monsters out there that he's up against and I think after today he might miss selection, oh well, that suits me for my league games.

Last edited:
Justin can you get some rules set out for the comp as im gonna be out of the cup this week and i plan on starting the challenge comp or w/e asap

The cup this season has been so shite to me. Bye, bot away and now a Div III side away. His last reporters summary, had wonderful top order, respectable middle order and superb spin and seam bowling. Going to be a bloody tough match to win :mad

At least you'll get some decent cash.....

I've got a bot away next, better than the bye first up atleast. Even though it's away I'm damn happy it's a bot, I'm going to need all the PFL I can get in these opening weeks of the season.

Got a cup round at home! :)

Got a decent team however, but if I go full out I may be able to snatch a victory. If he goes full team then I doubt I can win.

Got a PM from scienide, saying if I give him 3 bowling and 1 fielding nets, he'll make the Under 19's (as long as I rotate a stamina net with him)

13. Carlton Manders - 17 yo, BT Rating=9,644

RH Batsman, LFM Bowler, mediocre batting form, mediocre bowling form, lively fitness.
A destructive player with feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: respectable Consistency: respectable
Fielding: respectable

Tom you lucky bugger!

Got a easy enough cup opponent, only worry is his 100k BT rating monster that he brought for 1 mill...

.....................:noway

Carlton Manders has been called up to his National U19 Squad. This will mean that he is not available for selection for any games between Monday and Wednesday inclusive.

Highlander999 added 0 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

...................and then :p

Carlton Manders has been dropped from his National Squad. He will now be available for all games for your club again.

Highlander999 added 6 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

A very nice conversation:

Subject: Carlton Manders

> > WOW!

very nice player.

So what nets on him?

3 bowling, 1 fielding and a rotating stamina net

- he will make it -

we need bowlers!

LOL, he is going to rip through Syl's line-up one day :p

9. Billy Myall (1072134)

LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic fitness.
A steady player with superb leadership skills and proficient experience.

Plays For: Sky Blues
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 82,038
Wages: ?35,079 p/w

Freak!!! :eek:

I see your Myall and raise you my old wicketkeeper trainee...

Doug Rose (1577704)

RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, fresh fitness.
An attacking player with mediocre leadership skills and strong experience.

Plays For: Five Years Reloaded
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 162,557
Wages: ?102,863 p/w

Users who are viewing this thread