The PlanetCricket Battrick Sledging Thread

Hmm one feels that the BT team are getting a little precious....

Been warned that I will be banned if found using swear words in sledging forums cos I had started a thread entitled "F**k me!"

2 years playing,no transgressions, and one warning

What a bunch of twats given the level of abuse often found on the sledging forums!

Geez it's annoying how I go on a massive winning streak and come Monday my members confidence could be down to happy!

I wouldn't of minded injuries if they implemented them but an 18 week injury in a 16 week season would of been harsh. They could of also taken injuries off the Development Ideas thread because it said "Not likely to be implemented yet - Injuries". I believed the joke though it could of been done a little better ;)

The problem with injuries is how bias would it be to one side. Like you could have your 17 yo injured while I have my 30 yo injured or even no injury at all.

Now it is time for me to bow out of the cup. Made it to the final 32 but now taking on the 2nd best team in Australia (Labrooys Leb Lions)!

The problem with injuries is how bias would it be to one side. Like you could have your 17 yo injured while I have my 30 yo injured or even no injury at all.
Yeah, but as if the game isn't already based on random numbers. The problems that the game faces aren't so much that sometimes one team is far stronger than the other, but that when teams are quite even there's not a whole lot of skill that the manager can put into his game to turn the tide. That would be the direction they want to focus on and injuries wouldn't help too much.

Probably what would work best is if injuries are most likely to happen to players who rarely have high fitness and the injury event itself is just an extra PFL hit, so just like with a hammy strain, you have the choice of playing it safe and waiting until 'sublime' or bringing him back as soon as he can be of use. Then for that to work a bit more realistically due to the mutant healing powers of high stam players, PFL would probably need to recover a bit more logarithmically, so that getting from drained to fatigued is like 6 times slower than energetic to sublime.

Even then, the only real reason that would be useful is because even on a terrible player the bottom levels of fitness are irrelevant as anyone with half a brain can resist playing him. The threat of seeing a player drop to low or fair would then force a manager to think about PFL risks a lot earlier.

However, the fact of the matter is that managers in tougher competitions already do concern themselves with every little PFL change and it really would only serve to make the game unnecessarily complex at any level. I'd rather see a more interactive feature.

Now it is time for me to bow out of the cup. Made it to the final 32 but now taking on the 2nd best team in Australia (Labrooys Leb Lions)!
Are you going to try for an upset?

I GFI'd againt Ladbrokes Rovers yesterday, fell quite short but was worth it.

My cup journey ended yesterday! :noway I had no PFL to give it a try too.. So I did set the orders in a silly way .. :mad And now,with FC and OD both being the home games, I am thinking what to do. :upray Players fitness are in very bad shape.

Are you going to try for an upset?

I GFI'd againt Ladbrokes Rovers yesterday, fell quite short but was worth it.

Looking at the team he played last Sunday, I don't think I have a chance. Plus I have my arch rival in the OD league on Friday and can't drop another game if I want to finish top. And I do have a big T20 match against another Div 1 side which should decide who finishes first.

Fair enough.

I'd say I have the best side in my OD league, but I am not pushing for promotion in it just yet (FC is my game at the moment) so could afford to throw a few games for the cup money. Knowing I can win most matches when I need to win.

Users who are viewing this thread