The PlanetCricket Battrick Sledging Thread

Been thinking if the NSWdemons deserve to have Samuel in my attack after Ludlam mauled them last week.... Decisions, decisions, decisions.....

Been thinking if the NSWdemons deserve to have Samuel in my attack after Ludlam mauled them last week.... Decisions, decisions, decisions.....

I do have a strong bowler (which wouldn't really make a difference against you :p), but my batsmen are pretty dire against decent competition. Most are comps but that kills my league lol.

I've got no chance in the world of winning tomorrow, so I'm playing a full second XI v Pal.

I won't be taking part in this next season unless I have a hope in the world of winning a game, let alone the whole comp.

Too late for me to join the comp?

Username ZoraxDoom, team Eleven Ducks, located in the Leeward Islands, WI.

I got my team! w00t!

Already did some work on it. Made a YP, Feeble/Feeble allrounder with Med conc. and Resp cons. Worthless Stamina. On 4 nets, batting+bowling+fielding+stamina. Got 2 17 YO Med/Med/Meds, one's a bat, another is a bowler. Both on 3 nets each.

Fired off some deadweight and put a couple of others on sale. Also bought 2 players for a total of 4K to add some depth. Ones a 17 YO Med/Med/Comp bat with Feeble bowling. Thinking about sticking him with some nets instead of the 17 YO AR I pulled. Another is a 22 YO Feeble/Med/Med bat.

No home games coming soon, so I didn't hire any staff apart from the coaches, and am not investing in ITS. Got a fairly balanced squad at the moment, just trying to figure out who to train.

What are the main sources of revenue in battrick? I'm guessing that most of the top teams have expenditures, mainly due to salaries, that are over a million. How do they get the finances to stay afloat? Is it simply through gate receipts alone or do they also have to play the transfer market like Phil from phils hotspurs used to do?

It's almost always only Gate Receipts + Sponsorship cash. A big sale or two every now and then helps.

Doubt it's gate receipts, Phils hotspurs have a smaller ground than mine, and whilst I get a decent profit with two home games a week (1 FC 1 OD) that's only around 500 - 700k with morale and all that jazz at it's best. The only way to stay afloat is to wheel and deal, even selling players from your academy can work if you can get a magic pull.

Users who are viewing this thread