The PlanetCricket Battrick Sledging Thread

I'm playing a team which has replaced a bot in my league. A brand new team, about to get thrashed in his very first game...

End of Over 4: 17-0, runrate=4.25, reqrunrate=2.24 (119-10)
Frank 2-0-6-0
Shipp* 4 (5 balls)
Rudi 12 (19 balls)

Bowled first. Understrngth attack. Drayton got 4/11 off his ten overs. Andrews got three and even Shippy picked up 2. Rudi and Crouch didn't bowl. And a bit of experimentation going on here. I am looking for a good opener to backup Cox...

EDIT: I won by ten wickets. Rudi got 70+, and Shipp made 30 odd off 40 balls. I have finally found a position where Rudi likes to bat...

Last edited:
FreddieFan said:
I'd bowl first, personally, but as you say you're going to struggle either way to be honest.

Just noticed an amazing coincidence in my league games:

Match 1 - 401950 - Won by 6 wickets
Match 2 - 401955 - Won by 7 wickets
Match 3 - 401962 - Won by 8 wickets
Match 4 - 401963 - Won by 9 wickets

Weird, huh? I bet I'll lose the toss next week so I don't get a chance at the sequence :(

not if you lose by 10 wickets

ZoraxDoom said:
I have finally found a position where Rudi likes to bat...

But that was against a crap team where everyone seems to perform expectionally well :rolleyes:

Bilal91 said:
But that was against a crap team where everyone seems to perform expectionally well :rolleyes:
I don't think that makes a difference. He hogged most of the strike and scored quickely wheareas Shipp just rotated it and was slow. I think Rudi enjoys opening...

What are his stats? I think you should have one attacking opener and one defensive one, both with decent stamina. This will give you a runrate of about 5 an over. Like Mapes and Hume! And then I've got many guys in the middle order who are set to very attacking and a couple are set to defensive, incase of a collapse. I think I've got the best top order in Planetcricket. My openers average a 100 runs for the opening partnership and both average well over 60! This includes 25 centuries and many more half centuries between them.

Delop and Cox were my best ever pair. Delop was defensive, Cox attacking. But now I have sold off Delop as he wasn't good enough against higher leveled teams. Cox is by nature Steady. So I tried Conelly (Destructive). But Conelly is very inconsistent opening, maybe due to the fact that he doesn't like it. Dennis (Destructive) didn't like opening either when I tried him. I would use Crouch (He already has 3 centuries opening the innings), but that means my middle order would be frail (My next best, Rudi, doesn't seem to like the middle order...), and he could tire out, reducing his effectiveness with the ball. So I try Rudi opening, as well as Shipp. Rudi comes off, however, he is also Steady. So that makes it 2 Steadys as my best openers. Should I stick with that, or use:
A) Crouch and risk my middle order
B) A quick scoring make-shift opener like Conelly.

Decisions decisions...

This is weird. I just checked up on Rudi, and it now says he is Defensive. I could have sworn that he was Steady. I am 115% sure!
Well, I would report this to the bugs section, but I don't want it to be fixed! I have a new Delop to partner Cox!! My worries are cured!!

I'm sure you're wrong, and that Rudi was always defensive (don't argue, just don't). I would use Crouch as an opener. I think he's got good stamina and concentration and will do well. Try it out against our game.

Adarsh said:
I'm sure you're wrong, and that Rudi was always defensive (don't argue, just don't). I would use Crouch as an opener. I think he's got good stamina and concentration and will do well. Try it out against our game.
How did you know I was gonna experiment Crouch again?
Damn it...

Ken Stockley (825237)
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A destructive player with superb leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Cricket Geniuses
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 4,230
Wages: ?625 p/w

Stamina: worthless Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: competent Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: woeful
Fielding: mediocre

Not bad with 0 ITS eh? Up for sale at ?25,000.

Not bad, but no-one will buy him with worthless stamina. Maybe some un-knowing newbie if you are lucky...

Well, his stamina can be trained up. His batting is close to respectable looking at his wage. Decent concentration and fielding as well.

Pretty good YP mate...hope mine is better than him but i don't think it will be cos my Youth academy condition is feeble...

Users who are viewing this thread