The VB Series 2006

VB Series Winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yea! i thought i betted too much on Australia when they were 6 down for 90..Good innings from Lee. I still had some hope as Hussey was still there....and he proved me right.
It will be interesting to see how SA bat on this pitch, that looks a bit difficult for batting.

cricket_lover said:
Yea! i thought i betted too much on Australia when they were 6 down for 90..Good innings from Lee. I still had some hope as Hussey was still there....and he proved me right.
It will be interesting to see how SA bat on this pitch, that looks a bit difficult for batting.
I am actually regretting my bet on Aus (4000). SA might just pull this one cause Aus bowlers are not in good form barring Lee and SA batters are not like Sri Lankans. Plus they also got that slow a$$ Kallis who is the player for this situation. A good 50 off 90 balls will see them through.:p:cool:

I will keep my vcash on Aus happily. I only have 1000 odd, not much compared to you guys. I rekon Australia will win. McGrath and Clark will definatly strangle them. I have seen Clark bowl and he is very unlucky not to of made the team for against SL. I think hes a better bowler then Bracken myself. Lee will be a real demon on this pitch. Then theres Bracken whos bowling well lately (I think SA need to pick on him like Aus thrashed Zondeki) But I feel Bracken is a superior bowler and may take wickets. I just can't see them scoring heavily of McGrath, Lee or Clark.

Last edited:
Kemp's 2 dropped catches were the most hillarious. One was a sitter but the other one was difficult. i am backing SA but with McGrath and Lee i have second thoughts.

Pollock bowled beautifully today. Kruger and Zondeki were not bad as well.

Good contest going so far. Smith out surprised by a McGrath short ball and Kallis magnificently run out.

Hall and Pollock really stepped up, SA definitely are in the box seat here with Kemp still in the shed.
Aus need to keep taking wickets or this one will be lost.

Cheap overs isn't what we need now. SA need 127 in 23 overs which is quite an easy task especially with Kemp still in the shed. As I said we need wickets fast or we will lose this one.

Its getting real tight now. SA still favourites but a few cheap overs and its 50/50. Wickets would help Aus. Dippenaar is the key, if he stays SA win and of course Kemp is the other key. Boucher isn't looking too bad right now either.

Lee produces yet another shocking over at the death. I said this during the NZ series, Lee is not a death bowler. Bowl him out before the death overs as Lee chokes during the death. Also his pace means if he doesn't get it right the ball will go flying to the fence.

Rain. Aus will lose either way now.

Ponting stuffed up the bowler rotations. When hes under pressure hes no good. Clark was finding the blockhole 5/6 balls, why the hell wasn't he bowling later.

Oh well. South Africa batted pretty well. Not brilliantly.

Alem Dar stuffed up big time by not referring that run out. Every single time the umpires refer it and the one time they don't its actually out. it costed them a little bit too.

Australia's fielding was fantastic. South Africas needs work. Aside from Aus and NZ teams I feel the fielding i nthe rest of the teams is quite shocking at times. A lack of commitment at ability to take catches. Husseys was a ripper. Symonds's 1, no wait TWO run outs were amazing. It was a shame 1 wasn't given.

Users who are viewing this thread