The VB Series 2006

VB Series Winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lee has done this before against NZ. His 9th over was perfect, his 10th probably cost us the game.
Anyway SA deserved the win, their inexperienced attack ripped through the Aussie lineup and then their batters did the rest.

ZexyZahid said:
The positive thing is that Lee got his highest ODI score. And he is turning more into an allrounder.

With the batsman Australia have to offer he could never be a true all rounder.

ZexyZahid said:
The positive thing is that Lee got his highest ODI score. And he is turning more into an allrounder.
They need him to perform well with bowl more than anything. :D
There are already so many allrounders in Aus sitting on the bench and waiting for their turn. :happy

moza1 said:
Its good for the aussies to have a challenge.
Great innings by Hussey.

You didn't see the Chappel Hadlee Series? It is good to see teams give Australia a run for their money. I don't think South Africa will beat Australia again. I just feel that for SA to beat them, they are going to need another huge batting collapse like that one 6 wickets down early. After that South Africa didn't really look like losing. Silly shots and stuff set them back a little and not collecting singles also. But in the end they did it comfortably.

Anyhow. I thought Australia's fileding would of won them the game. it at least made the margin a lot tighter. SA would of cruised if it wasn;t for it.

Symonds was appealing after the delivery. Dar has been making a lot of poor calls lately. It was NOT too close to call. It was quite obvious to those who arn't blind that the batsman was in mid air after not grounding anything behind the line. All the commentators agreed with me that it was out. But oh well, as crucial as it was its part of the game. I can excuse umpire sfor spare of the moment bad calls for LBW etc. Thats just human nature but when you have the opportunity to go upstairs, why not?

Clark bowled very, very well, along with McGrath. Lee was pretty good apart from the death. I think Australia really just need to get their rotations right.

Last edited:
ZexyZahid said:
Just saw the result. Earlier I saw Australia being at 109-6 or so. But then I saw the Australian revival bringing them to 228 runs. I thought this could be enough again, but this time it wasn't.

Check out all the money the people lost: http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/vbookie.php?do=viewitem&item_id=301 :laugh 42082 lost! :rtfl :rtfl

If I would be an Englishman, I would be laughing my @ss off now.
Dam!! ROFL; LMAO.:laugh :rtfl :rtfl Look at Aussie1st, barely managed 1000 from somewhere and lost it all and look at the money I lost. I've lost almost 20,000 in Vbookie recently.:p

I found an interesting read from Peter Roebuck, where he thinks Gilly could be dropped permenatly and the team should look something along the lines of

Jaques, Clarke, Ponting, Martyn, Symonds, Haddin, Hussey, Lee, Hogg, Bracken, McGrath. Shane Warne will resume playing next season.

Teams looks quite good, Clarke when he opened last time round did a great job and Jaques has been in awesome touch through out the ING.

Here is the full read http://www.smh.com.au/news/cricket/...failing-openers/2006/01/15/1137259948151.html

Gilly can't be dropped. Aussie public would go bananas. Still Gilly on his own is good enough to merit his selection regardless of form.

Btw thanks for 25 bucks. I've put on SL like you. Laul

Well some Australians are calling for his head as they can see hes just not right. I can't see our selectors dropping him but he could well be rested. But like in the test arena he is bound to refind form.
Katich on the other hand should be dropped for the inform Jaques. You could even promote Clarke or Martyn for now as Gilly isn't in form and you wouldn't want a new guy having the pressure of making his debut.

aussie1st said:
Well some Australians are calling for his head as they can see hes just not right. I can't see our selectors dropping him but he could well be rested. But like in the test arena he is bound to refind form.
Katich on the other hand should be dropped for the inform Jaques. You could even promote Clarke or Martyn for now as Gilly isn't in form and you wouldn't want a new guy having the pressure of making his debut.
Yeah I think ideally this should be the team-
Martin
Gilly
Punter
Hodgy
Symo
Hussey
Clarky
Lee
Bracken/Clarke
Hoggy
McRath
Hopes - subbed

I would swap Clarke and Hussey around as thats what is working best.
Dorey will get a run in the team this game I feel. Either over Bracken/Clark or as Supersub.

Yes Symonds was appealing after the next delivery was bowled. If he seriously appealed like when he hit the stumps than the umpire may of referred to the 3rd umpire. But it was very close to call because on one fram his foot was in the air, but in the next frame this foot was probably slightly on the ground and one of the bail was knocked off. Anyway this decision i think wouldn't of affected the outcome of the match. And your statement about the commentators agreeing that was out, well the channel 9 commentators are probably the most biased commentators in the world except for Lawry, Benaud and Slater. Healy acts like a complete ****head in the past few matches.

The South African bowlers did extremely well considering they were without Ntini, Nel and Langeveldt. I thought Zondeki and Kruger bowled pretty well and those who said Pollock is past his prime have been proved wrong. Still up there with McGrath standards. Katich should really be dropped by the end of the VB seies. I can not understand why Jaques is not in the ODI side or Matthew Hayden. Gilchrist I feel now is on thin ice. He dropped Boucher which he would usually take and continues his poor form. I think SA can continue to beat Australia if they continue to bowl consistently well and stick onto catches (dropped 3 yesterday).

Users who are viewing this thread