The VB Series 2006

VB Series Winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A bit of both in ODIs, he's not hitting as cleanly as he was a little while back and obviously for someone so aggressive, that means a lot more chances early on.

SA V SRL Final, it's on its way.

I hope Martyn does play in the Aussie Test team, it will make retaining the Ashes easier. ;)

MUFC1987 said:
SA V SRL Final, it's on its way.

I hope Martyn does play in the Aussie Test team, it will make retaining the Ashes easier. ;)

it is not going to happen even in dreams as i post it earlier, S. Africa will win next one.

Sureshot said:
It was only after replays everyone realised it was out. Dar should've gone upstairs but Why, if the Aussies weren't convincing that they thought it was out. A umpire is only 'supposed' to go upstairs if he is unsure about what decisions he should make. If there is no appeal he won't go upstairs simple as.

He did this twice in the game. Boucher had bracken run out in the Aus innings but Dar again didn't call for the 3 umpire.

I only saw the second innings.

It's weird Dar is a very good umpire, shame he's making mistakes. Oh well he's only Human all umpires will make mistakes.

Was their an appeal by RSA that time though?

It is always a nice surprise to see some good batting from guys like Brett Lee. Man this guy can certainly bat and I love his sixes. He smacks them a long way. Thumbs up to the South Africans though for putting up a nice fight and snatching this one. It is a good start to the series, I thought it would be too one sided.

It's now South Africa vs Sri Lanka. I am expecting that South Africa will win. But maybe Sri Lanka will have a shock win too.

Sureshot said:
It's weird Dar is a very good umpire, shame he's making mistakes. Oh well he's only Human all umpires will make mistakes.

Yes I agree. I considered him one of the best before this summer. Also Bowden. Both are having very bad seasons. Dar is certainly not my favorite umpire at the moment.

Rudi and Buknor are my favorites.

Mubarak is turning it on, hopefully my measy bet on SL in Vbookie works. SA lack the batters to chase good totals against Vaas and Murali.

This is a very exciting game so far. Sri Lanka have provided entertainment and displayed that they still like to play their shots. They really should of played the way they are doing atm back on friday night against Australia. SA will chase hard even though without Kallis. I kind of want Sri Lanka to win so the series could be even with the 3 teams all with a win and a loss. It will also i feel place more pressure on Australia :D

Well even I want SL to win atleast one game specially this one. But basically I support SA to win the VB series.

EDIT= SL run-rate crusing to 6.00. :eek:

Last edited:
I want and have a feeling SA win this series only if they can hold on to their catches. Botha dropped a sitter today and Hall dropped one that he really should of caught. I just hope Sri Lanka bats the same momentum and style every game and hope it is not a one off.

S. Lanka's run rate is good in this game, but who knows S. Africa can do better then that, S. Lanka need about 310-325 to win this game or may be more.

Users who are viewing this thread