Australia----Nine Network
New Zealand----Sky Sport
India----ESPN
Africa----SuperSport
United States----Directv
Canada----ATN
Broadband----willow.tv, cricketon.tv

Last edited:
finally magic happens and S. Africa wins the match, the problem for australia is that gilchrist is not in form. but rather to drop gilly its better to drop katich from the team.

I dont think Gilchrist will get dropped. Why? Last summer Symonds made 6 ducks in 7 inings but didnt get dropped. This summer he had a test match batting average of 11 and a bowling average of 82 before the melbourne test but still was again selected to play. From both drastic slumps he has come back, and I believe Gilchrist will do the same. He may be tired, but 1 good innings will get him back on track, and he needs that now, not a rest.

kodos said:
Yes Symonds was appealing after the next delivery was bowled. If he seriously appealed like when he hit the stumps than the umpire may of referred to the 3rd umpire. But it was very close to call because on one fram his foot was in the air, but in the next frame this foot was probably slightly on the ground and one of the bail was knocked off. Anyway this decision i think wouldn't of affected the outcome of the match. And your statement about the commentators agreeing that was out, well the channel 9 commentators are probably the most biased commentators in the world except for Lawry, Benaud and Slater. Healy acts like a complete ****head in the past few matches.

I disagree. The batman was miles in the air. His foot was no where near down. The commentators were correct. I was correct. And your right, it wouldn't of probably changed the game. An incorrect LBW and I wouldn't be bitching about it but theres no excuses for not reverting to the third umpire.

If anyone should be dropped it Katich. hes failed to go on and bat the majority of the innings. Gilchrist, well you can't drop him. If he wasn't a wicket keeper also I perhaps would agree to drop him but his keeping warrents his place for now. If he goes through the next 4 or 5 games and fails in all of them, I would then drop him.

If Gilchrist is going to be dropped then it must be in the interests of improving his form. We do not have a better attacker than Gilchrist in flight and it is ridiculous to throw away the skills of a player of legendary ability.

*cough* Martyn

angryangy said:
If Gilchrist is going to be dropped then it must be in the interests of improving his form. We do not have a better attacker than Gilchrist in flight and it is ridiculous to throw away the skills of a player of legendary ability.

*cough* Martyn

I agree, especially about Martyn. Even though he made 96 and 70 leading up to the match our selectors will probaly rate him on his one bad innings and use that as an excuse not to re-select him for the test squad. I also think that they won't re-select any of the axed ashes players no matter how well they play.

Nope, I got a hunch Hodge will be dropped, just like when Martyn lost the game with a stupid shot, Hodge NEARLY lost the game with a stupid shot. Martyn is a legendary player

Hodge should definitely be dropped. He has made a double hundred but what else? I think 42 was his next highest score for the test matches. He also scores way too slowly where Martyn can score steadily or quickly depending on the situation.

I think the Test Team should be something like this...

J.Langer
M.Hayden
R.Ponting
D.Martyn
M.Hussey
A.Symonds
A.Gilchrist
B.Lee
S.Warne
G.McGrath
N.Bracken (or McGill depending on the pitch type)

irottev said:
Symonds was appealing after the delivery. Dar has been making a lot of poor calls lately. It was NOT too close to call. It was quite obvious to those who arn't blind that the batsman was in mid air after not grounding anything behind the line. All the commentators agreed with me that it was out. But oh well, as crucial as it was its part of the game. I can excuse umpire sfor spare of the moment bad calls for LBW etc. Thats just human nature but when you have the opportunity to go upstairs, why not?

It was only after replays everyone realised it was out. Dar should've gone upstairs but Why, if the Aussies weren't convincing that they thought it was out. A umpire is only 'supposed' to go upstairs if he is unsure about what decisions he should make. If there is no appeal he won't go upstairs simple as.

Gilly has been suspended for 1 match but he has been rested for 2 lol. So no loss there. Haddin has come in. This has come way too late, Gilly should have been rested during the NZ series and then probably again later on in the VB series.

Interesting thing will be who opens. I suspect Martyn as he has said he wouldn't mind opening. Clarke is another option, or even straight swap Haddin in.

Definitely the Ashes shock his confidence up. He went into a major form slump in the test arena. This may have lead to his form slump in the ODI arena but I suspect it maybe more to do with fatigue as Gilly has played non stop only missing the 20/20 game and possibly one other one.

He hasn't played that many ODI since the Ashes so its hard to figure if it was the Ashes or fatigue.

Gilly really needs some rest now. He has been playing non-stop cricket for so long now and against the teams like SRL, I don't think he will be required as such.

Users who are viewing this thread