The VB Series 2006

VB Series Winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I guess it will be vital for Smith to score runs in order for the rest of the team to be motivated for the remainder of the series and the home tour as his captaincy has been strong but his actual performances weak. He always seems to be given out lbw, even in previous series, so if he scores runs and rectifies the problem SA might actually be inspired.... Good effort ground fielding was more enthusiastic and had more intent, hopefully running between wickets improves to make it a contest.

2/20 how come smith doesn't drop him self down the order to around about #4 because at the moment he can't even get past the 10 over mark :rolleyes:

Australia are on top here, Lee has rocked the Saffies by taking 4 wickets, South Africa in real trouble and the run-rate is going up, its vital that Boucher stays thier right till the end for the South Africans.

South Africa are still not out of this, two good hitters are at the crease now kemp and Boucher, if they get going, its going to be intresting but the Saffies need some big blows now the run rate is riising around 8.3 a over.

Don't see SA winning this game now. The top order has once again failed and Dipenaar far too slow today. Alot of chop onto the stumps today and ones which have stayed low which reflects how dodgy the pitch is.

Congrats to Lee for taking 5 wickets, he has bowled brilliant today and deserves it, South Africa are out of the game, Kemp probs thier last hope of winning this game has now gone for the South Africans.

Even further out of the game now. Boucher is out and also Mark Nicholas is having another dirty fantasy of Brett Lee.

WHOOO Brett Lee is in really good form not so Mcgrath though. Hes been in good form in a way of not conceding runs but not taking Wickets. Australia Will definatly Win!

Boucher gone, Australia have won........Lee is bowling superb at the moment he could end up with more wickets, say about 7.

Indiangod said:
Boucher gone, Australia have won........Lee is bowling superb at the moment he could end up with more wickets, say about 7.

Well Lees only got one more over and will ponting give it to him next? Lets see if lee will finish with a couple more wickets and end the innings and if he gets em together well he will be on a hatrick next match

EDIT: Lee finishes with a career best of 5/22

Last edited:
Weren't Hogg and Lee something special.
Still hope Jaques get MOTM, my favorite non-international player :p.

IloveGilly said:
Weren't Hogg and Lee something special.
Still hope Jaques get MOTM, my favorite non-international player :p.
Its going to be close

Dorey just gave a way a few unnessacery sixes but i still think australia will hold the lead til the end

Saf need approx 2 runs off each ball to win

Hogg bowled well, his variations worked a treat on his opponents, but Brett Lee was the destroyer, the South Africans had no answer to his pace and I must say, his accuracy. All his wickets came off good length deliveries around or just outside the off stump, to both left and right handers.

Still, I stand by my belief that there were more runs to be scored on this pitch.

Users who are viewing this thread