The VB Series 2006

VB Series Winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
lot of players r injured now, is it the VB Series or Injured Series, at end there will be half of players left in each team.

Injuries are probably good for AUS, so that so many younger and talented players can get a chance to show their talent, but Kallis,Ntini and Nel's injury is definitely going to hurt SAF,as don't have proper replacements for these players.

Martyn opening will be interesting. Hopefully he can score more runs so the selectors think about giving him another go in the Aussie test squad :upray

Well I expect Jayasuriya to replace Tharanga or Arnold I'd say. If Jayasuriya replaces Arnold than Mubarak would be demoted back down the order or perhaps Jayasuriya could bat lower in the order since they have no big hitter low in the order.

Tharanga made a great hundred in NZ so its hard to drop anyone really. I think Sri Lanka should stick to the same team which beat South Africa. If they decide they want to chase (which would be a bad idea) then they could take Jaysuria as the supersub. Hes just come back from injury and although hes a really classy and talented batsmen, they shouldn't change a winning combination and bring in someone who is just off an injury. Give him another few days and if a batsman fails then they will be under pressure for the spot.

Aus have named their side
Australia: Ricky Ponting (capt), Damien Martyn, Phil Jaques, Michael Clarke, Andrew Symonds, Mike Hussey, Brad Haddin, James Hopes, Brett Lee, Brett Dorey, Glenn McGrath, Brad Hogg (super sub).

Martyn opening is interesting, and Clarke at 4. I hope Clarke does better than he did in the test arena at 4. If not I would switch Martyn and Clarke around as Clarke was more than capable as an opener. Also good to see Jaques getting a go. We basically have the same opening pair just different handers. Martyn for one knows how to make 100s which Katich and Hayden to some extent were unable to do.

Last but not least Dorey gets a go. I wonder if he will be used at the death and can't wait to see how he goes.

Nice to see Jaques,Hopes,Haddin and Dorey are the part of final 11. Hope they perform well. IMO,Martyn can be better utilized as an opener rather than as a no. 4, as Clarke is more aggresive than him, but let's see what happens.

cricket doctor said:
Nice to see Jaques,Hopes,Haddin and Dorey are the part of final 11. Hope they perform well. IMO,Martyn can be better utilized as an opener rather than as a no. 4, as Clarke is more aggresive than him, but let's see what happens.

So Clarke would be better suited at 4? Clarke can definitely perform a similar role to Martyn. Anchor the ship and then attack later on.
Our team even though its missing players is still quite good. Haddin down the order to produce the big hitting if needed. Its good they didn't move Hussey as you don't find many saviours floating about. We have been really lucky that we have had Bevan and now Hussey.

Right you are, double his average :D double the hitting power. I wonder if Aus can find a guy that can triple Bevan ;)

We haven't actually seen Hussey perform in Bevan's most important role yet, as the great chasing batsman. 7 of his 12 Man of the Match awards were owing to his ability to hunt down a target.

I've been thinking,would it not be a good risk for SA to move Smith down the order and even try use Boucher to open,seeing as though he's batting well and can make use of those early overs.

Nah, Boucher is one of the best batters to come in at 7/8 i'd leave it like that. Smith will come good don't worry, form is temporary class is permanent.

Users who are viewing this thread