The VB Series 2006

VB Series Winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
kodos said:
One thing that most opposition sides should be when batting first against Aus is to just take on McGrath. Yes it will be difficult but they must remember McGrath really isn't at his prime and even admits he is not at his best atm. The Sri Lankan and even the South African batsmans should advance down the wicket and taken on McGrath or play some innovative shots to frustrate McGrath. It is common that if McGrath or Lee start to get frustrated, than the poorer they bowl and start to bowl bouncers consistenly like Lee or pull pitched deliveries.
.....exactly what Tendular did to him successfully. :)

irottev said:
Sangakara is but Gilchrist is miles superior to Boucher, two average fiftys do not warrent that title for him.

I laugh at you. You were thumped by Sri Lanka. Not just beaten. SL dominated the whole match. And then afterwald Smith thought his team played well. Bahahaha.

Jeez,relax dude.Maybe you should only talk when New Zealand finaly beat SA again.I mean,a 4-0 defeat must have really hurt,maybe thats why ur so anti-SA?

come on cut it out

at the moment a fully fit south african side are a better team than new zealand in odi

Gilchrist, Boucher and Sangakara are top 3 keepers in the world imo, but if i wanted one of them in my team it would have to be Sangakara

ZexyZahid said:
It's nice to see people of other countries supporting against a team in this series, because they have bad experiences with that team. :)

Don't know if you guys know if yet, but there are doubts about Kallis for the home series in South Africa:

Kallis doubtful for Australia series
http://uk.cricinfo.com/vbseries/content/story/233437.html

not a good news for me even too, he is the main player in my fantasy game and even captain of my team too. so this time zexy u will win from me

y2j826 said:
not a good news for me even too, he is the main player in my fantasy game and even captain of my team too. so this time zexy u will win from me

I don't think so, since I am left with nine men there now. Gilchrist is also out now. I've got Ponting as captain, but a lot of people at the top of the standings have him as captain too.

ZexyZahid said:
I don't think so, since I am left with nine men there now. Gilchrist is also out now. I've got Ponting as captain, but a lot of people at the top of the standings have him as captain too.

same prob with me i am also playing with 8 or 9 players only, gilly is also in my team so no hope for us to be at top in fantasy game of VB series.

Well,it's confirmed that Johan Van Der Wath is replacing Kallis.Van der Wath is a Pollock like player,he bowls with swing,not too much pace and he is a mighty hitter of the ball.He scored about 60 off 50 balls not so long ago in domestic cricket.

And just for the record,I have nothing against New Zealand,they're actually my 3rd favourite team,it's just that irrotev's obvious anti-South African attitude gets to me sometimes.

Gibbsrules said:
Well,it's confirmed that Johan Van Der Wath is replacing Kallis.Van der Wath is a Pollock like player,he bowls with swing,not too much pace and he is a mighty hitter of the ball.He scored about 60 off 50 balls not so long ago in domestic cricket.
Does he also bat at 7-8??

Interesting to hear that Gilly will probably be ordered back down the order to as low as 7. Bad move IMO as Gilly can be so destructive opening the inns. One thing I wouldn't want to see is Hussey opening. He is better suited at 7 for Aus so maybe a straight swap with Clarke will be the better option.

Also getting rid of Katich would help but that doesn't seem to be happening any time soon.

I don't understand why the selectors persist with Katich. Bring Jacques in or even Hayden. I agree that GIlly should remain opening position as the Aussies don't need anyone lower in the order with Symonds, Hussey and Clarke already. Gilchrist should either be dropped or just remain opening with either Jacques or Hayden again.

Interesting to see how Van Der Wath plays and whether he will play in the series. Perhaps he could be SA's next Lance Klusener.

Well if Gilly was dropped and Jaques replaced Katich, the selectors would want a left hander. So Hayden could come back into play but then who else do you drop? The only other left hander batter in the Aus team is Hussey but I wouldn't use him as opener cause he is filling Bevan's role perfectly and it will come in handy for the WC.

Who will replace Kallis in the number 4 role? I would push Hall up the order as his batting talent is been wasted way down the order.

Why did Matthew Hayden leave ODI cricket in the first place? Was he forced or did he choose to go?

Cricket_60 said:
Why did Matthew Hayden leave ODI cricket in the first place? Was he forced or did he choose to go?
He was dropped and rightfully too after number of failures and slow starts. But he is looking good now and might just come back in the side after that conservative Katich finally goes. :mad: What a boring batsman really!!

Users who are viewing this thread