The VB Series 2006

VB Series Winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
siddharth2002 said:
He was dropped and rightfully too after number of failures and slow starts. But he is looking good now and might just come back in the side after that conservative Katich finally goes. :mad: What a boring batsman really!!
why does everyone want katich dropped, at ODI he heasn't done anything wrong, and he plays a similar innings to matthew hayden. when you have gilchrist going nuts all katich has to do is work the singles. he has made pretty good scores in his last few ODI's, except a few failures. give him a chance guys, he's alot younger then hayden, and can open in test cricket. so if he strikes some consistent good form then he can replace one of our aging test openers when they call it a day. whats the point of bringing hayden back? we are still winning with out him. give someone else a chance, and to me, katich seems to be the right choice.

tsyrmas said:
why does everyone want katich dropped, at ODI he heasn't done anything wrong, and he plays a similar innings to matthew hayden. when you have gilchrist going nuts all katich has to do is work the singles. he has made pretty good scores in his last few ODI's, except a few failures. give him a chance guys, he's alot younger then hayden, and can open in test cricket. so if he strikes some consistent good form then he can replace one of our aging test openers when they call it a day. whats the point of bringing hayden back? we are still winning with out him. give someone else a chance, and to me, katich seems to be the right choice.
Temperamentally he is not a century maker in ODIs which is a must for opener. And his batting bores me to death.:p

tsyrmas said:
Katich is 30 years old and just doesn't cut it at international level. If you're going to bring in an opener Phil Jaques should get the gig. He's dominating at domestic level in both Australia and England. I've never really liked Katich TBH.

are you asying that in the first ODI over here, he simply couldn't have gone on and made runs despite being run out by martyn on 60?? he was looking very strong.

Katich is a skillfull player and still has 5-6 years left in him but he is playing in the wrong form of cricket. He should be playing in test matches, not ODI's. Let him or Martyn come in for Hodge.

why does everyone hate him?? he is a very good player, just is yet to really show it. also, all of his good performances have been shadowed by others. his first century was in Steve Waugh's last test, so steve got all the coverage. Katich made 125 and 77* in that match to ensure a drawn match and series aswell, in my opinion, man of the match (Kumble got it for taking 10 wickets).

also, his second century was overshadowed by Gilchrist blitzing the Kiwis. he also has got into the 90's a few times, and scored verywell in the subcontinent, only to be outdone by Martyns return. take the first ashes for example. how many times did he have to bat with the tail? LOTS, so how can he be expected to make huge scores? give him a chance guys.

I for one don't hate him, I agree that he has been overshadowed by others more then any other cricketer playing for Australia. He just doesn't seem to be suited for ODI cricket. He definitely looks better playing test matches. He is the sort of player you can rely on to bat with the lower order. My only grudge against him is that he moved from WA to NSW :(

Cricket_60 said:
I for one don't hate him, I agree that he has been overshadowed by others more then any other cricketer playing for Australia. He just doesn't seem to be suited for ODI cricket. He definitely looks better playing test matches. He is the sort of player you can rely on to bat with the lower order. My only grudge against him is that he moved from WA to NSW :(

il think they should bring him in before martyn to replace hodge. that is if hodge is replaced.Martyn is too old. i agree with you about the test cricket, he is more suited to it, he can play a oneday knock though.

Hodge definitely needs to go. The only question is who to replace him with, Martyn, Katich or Clarke.

And yes, Katich can play a usefull ODI knock, His only problem is that he doesn't carry on with his innings enough, He usually gets out in between 60 and 80. I think he needs to bat down the order so he doesn't have as much pressure put on him by needing to bat quickly with Gillie at the start.

well thats the thing, he doesn't need to bat quickly with gilly at the start, he needs to provide a supporting role. i think he is at his best when he is opening.

kodos said:
Well Katich is out with a groin injury and Jaques is in!!! Interesting to see who will open with Jaques tommorrow.

I reckon Clarke will open but Hussey is also a possibility

It has been confirmed that Martyn will open with Jaques and Dorey will also make his debut. Further news is that Jayasuriya is back. Yes!! And he is also expected to retun for their 3rd match at the SCG. It will be great to see him back at his happy hunting ground. I wonder who he will replace though, probably Mubarak I guess.

The hell? That's totally messed up!

So I see, Katich has injured his groin.

He would come in for Tharanga, wouldn't he?

Users who are viewing this thread