The VB Series 2006

VB Series Winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pollock hitting very well but too little too late. Perhaps the top order should of did the same. Lee bowled beautifully but I agree with Greig (even though his SA and SL bias) this pitch does favour the team batting first.

I was expecting a 270 but just like the test matches no one could go on besides Jaques.

If he didnt get all the runs he got aussies woulda been in trouble but i guess brett lee might have come to the rescue again but wouldnt have got those 5 wickets but he would hav been exausted like he was at the Gabba but i guess it was like really hot up here in Brisbane when he played. But did you notice when they showed the sides they put a little bat next to lees name he has changed to a Bowling Allrounder

Great bowling by lee 10 overs, 1 maidens, 22 runs for 5 wickets, South africa are 8 down for 185 in the 46th over, altough Pollock is 46 not out and just hit 4 sixes, its all in vain for the Saffies.

Well Australia have just won getting the bonus point to. Mcgrath taking the last wicket and SAF all bowled out for 186. Now whos going to be MOTM

I must say all credit to Australia great effort in a bonus point victory, but SA really have to start reacting to great match winning opportunities. They put themselves in these good positions but don't seem to know how to finish the job- with bat or ball.
Despite the pitch being a little inconsistent they should have probably put up a better fight than that, cause they do have quality batsman like Gibbs and Smith, with others supporting. Brett Lee bowled heaps well, but heck Mark Nicholas is all over him.

in between all australia wins again and also get bonus point, now waiting for the next match on sunday. Australia will win that game quite easily again.

Next match at Sydney and it will be an interesting game. Lee is on fantastic form and will be interesting how the Lankans will bat against him. Also be interestin will Jayasuriya return back in opening position. If he does i hope he does well and flays thw bowlers around like his old self.

I think most of the time, the team batting first at Telstra Dome wins the match. The pitch was rather incosistent and hence a high number of chop ons and several which stayed low. To me, I don't prefer Telstra Dome as a cricket cenue apart from it having a roof. Fortunately it is only this year there will be games there and it will be back at the MCG next year.

If Australia's plans are well laid and go well, Jayasuriya wont get off the ground. He's coming off an interrupted season, as far as I can tell, he's coming back injured and he's not bringing a lot of form with him. What will give him an inch, is his class and if the plans go awry, for example if Lee starts to bowl pies, he may well get a ripper of an innings.

My point is that I doubt he would survive a tight opening spell, given the circumstances.

Steyn was shocking! 5/0/58/1! No excuse for that!
Hall bowled well, van der Wath was promising.

Yeah, I'd disregard Steyn's figures, even if you don't rate him as an exceptional paceman, no top level professional bowler is that bad. He clearly is in need of a bit of match practice over here.

talking about steyn, his line, speed and grip over ball was good in first 2 overs dont know what happens after that and jaques hit 4 fours in first 4 balls, but steyn is the future of the S. African team. he just need some more practice.

Hats off to Lee. :hpraise :hpraise :hpraise :clap :clap :clap :hpraise
Again, he has proved his worth in the australian side. Just needs to improve more at the death.

Lee has always been good early on but as cricket doctor mentioned Lee's death bowling especially when its tight is shocking.
Oh well good win, Jaques unlucky to miss out on the 100 but still a better option than Katich and surely this should oust Katich.

Clarke should get a go as opener as Martyn will be the 4 for the WC and if Punter gets his way Gilly will be opener so no point in changing Martyn's position. Clarke is more moveable as he is wasted down the order.

Users who are viewing this thread