The VB Series 2006

VB Series Winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bracken is alright, still hasn't reached the heights he reached a few years ago in the green and gold. Dorey has only had 2 games so I would give him a few more before dropping him. I wonder how much SL would have made with McGrath playing.

Bracken is a good bowler too.

Anyway to the game. What the hell was Martyn doing. Last match he attacked and now hes defending. Play your game Martyn, he must of been in trouble for his getting out the other night. You guys are chasing 310, you need runs early. Christ.

Hopeless is all I can say.

Were not even having a real go at this target, a loss is a certain here.

Martin is not working as opening, Jaques should of stayed, and probably Hussey open with him, or bring back Gilchrist or even Hayden.

Well hes out now. And it was due to a pull shot.
He shouldn't have been opening in the first place especially not with Katich. He should be moved back down to 4 as that is where he is at his best. If the selectors still want Gilly moved back down which is stupid they shouldn't be using Martyn there. Jaques is made for opening so he has to be one of them.

Australia are digging themselves deep here, they won't win. They havn't made use of the first 10 overs and thats a huge mistake.

I am suspicious that they are letting Sri Lanka win so that South Africa won't make the final, thats pretty foolish if you ask me because SL are looking better then SA by far at the moment.

Aus aren't trying to lose it. We have new openers, Katich coming back from injury so its a bit much to ask them to get 60 from the first 10 overs. With Gilly in form that would be a certainty. There still is a long way and Aus have a number of attacking players. It is also Hussey chance to show what he can do.

Thats your selectors own faults. So theres no excuses. Jacques should never have lost his spot.

Ponting still having a shocker in ODIs. This is the chance for Clarke to show he can bat at number 4.
Katich what the hell is he doing. 5 dot balls this over with Clarke at the other end. I don't even understand why they brought Katich back as Jaques performed and its not like he is established.

3 down with just 41 on the board. Australia are capable of much better. :/ I have lost all my vcash again, arghhhh!!! This is because of pressure. They had to score from ball one. The required run rate was about a run a ball.

I have to say that this game is lost now. Theres going to have to be a once in a million type innings, something like a 150 from 100 balls to win this now.

The useless bugger is finally gone. They should have opened with Clarke then Katich wouldn't be under so much pressure. Martyn would still be around probably and the run rate could have been better. Oh well now lets see what Clarke and Haddin can do.

I agree with Chappell, he ha smade a few good points, the one about Jacques not palying, Hogg being the sub, Australia thinking about the World Cup and not this VB series.

I think Australia should be taking this much more seriously. They may need to chase high score din the World Cup, this is perfect practice but they are not pacing themselves well enough. They have half the required run rate and it keeps going up and up. Haddin should NOT be batting above Symonds and Hussey, players who are capable at making huge scores off not many balls.

This is a perfect opportunity for Clarke to post a hundred.

You want to take back your comment on Haddin now ;) I know I was the same as you but he has out scored Clarke and hes brought our run rate up. This may turn out to be another Ponting special.

Yes, well almost. Jaysuria didn't play in NZ. Otherwise, yep same guys.

And I do take back my comment. Haddin is doing pretty good. Mabee Australia are looking to make it Twenty/20 ish from the final 20. I mean they need what 200 odd, thats possible. But the field will be back the entire time and theres already 4 wickets down. otherwise I don't understand this. They set the pace i nthe first 10 and havn't mad eup for it yet. It gets harder and harder.

Haddin bowled through his legs, just as I say this.

Users who are viewing this thread