The VB Series 2006

VB Series Winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well the answer will be coming as Ponting is out after cracking 3 4s.

Great 100 by Ponting, that was a true captain's knock. Makes me wonder what he could have done in the first ODI as he is a big match player.

Clarke has come out.
But I don't think its too late for Hussey, he doesn't need time to get in, he can start hitting it around from ball 1. He could have placed it in the gap for Symonds too. Plus the Symonds and Hussey combo worked well last time.

I would've put Clarke in, the guy who is most in form. Give him some time and he'll start to speed up while Lee and Hussey both know how to finish it off.

Well hes in, but we don't really have time to get him in. He has to push for singles and give Symonds the strike.
Or he can hit a 4 :D

aussie1st said:
Clarke has come out.
But I don't think its too late for Hussey, he doesn't need time to get in, he can start hitting it around from ball 1. He could have placed it in the gap for Symonds too. Plus the Symonds and Hussey combo worked well last time.

Clarke is a bigger hitter than hussey, I think it was a good choice. If not to many wickets fall Lee could come in next for a smash and if he gets out then hussey comes in and cruises to the end..

Clarke isn't a huge hitter compared to Symonds. I would say about the same as Hussey. Hussey has really improved his big hitting, the thing is you don't need power if you have the precise placement that Hussey has.

aussie1st said:
Clarke isn't a huge hitter compared to Symonds. I would say about the same as Hussey. Hussey has really improved his big hitting, the thing is you don't need power if you have the precise placement that Hussey has.

I want sixes though :)

I consider Clarke good in any situation but he is the type of guy who takes his time which is why we need him and Martyn back in the test team!

If Symonds can stay till the end, he may make 150+ and even push Australia 330+.
I think after 3/10 Australia would've have traded in 7 wickets for 240 runs.

ajay2k5 said:
I want sixes though :)

TBH Clarke doesn't hit that many 6s. I don't remember seeing many, he hits 4s but not many 6s. Also hes taking his time right now, put Hussey in and Symonds would have had more strike. Remember these two smacked who knows how many in the last 10.

Edit: Ok first point was right, second point about him taking his time is totally wrong :) Either way both would have done a good job.

Last edited:
Lol Hussey knows how to hit it for 6 too. If you want a 6 hitter Lee is more likely to hit a 6 than Hussey or Clarke.
OMG Clarke nearly run out again.

Users who are viewing this thread