The VB Series 2006

VB Series Winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i wouldnt bat Watson ahead of Hussey...altho Watson bats number 3-4 for QLD.
anyway i doubt he'll be fit enough for the ODIs in SAF...liking the look of Jaques at the top of the order

Sman-21 said:
Watson before hussey?

no way
If hussey was batting higher he would have had a few hundreds by now.
Watson is lucky to get 30's

Fair enough chuck Watson below Hussey. After the world cup we can put Hussey at the top cause Gilly will be retired thus we can see what Hussey can do and he can make some 100s.

Right now we have no one near Hussey to finish off an inns the way he does.

lets face it ODI cricket has turned into who wins the toss wins it all

remember the days 250 was a massive score and 60 was a great strike rate?? they make the wickets for the batsman now and the totals are too high batting 1st the team that bats 2nd has too much preasure and has no chance at all of chasing a big total

One day cricket has to be fixed it was more exicited watched someone get 220 then teh team batting 2nd would have a chnace and it would be exciting enough to watch a game to 10pm not all over at 7pm in just about every game this year its all over at 7pm!

Ever since I've been watching cricket 300 has been the minimum for me to say a team is in a strong position. Anything under that and its very possible to chase down with some big hitting at the end by the likes of Cairns and Klusener.

Bracken has two wickets, silly stuff from Sri Lanka. They don't need to go at the run rate requried. Aus were going at about 5 an over. Also thats a good point to note, even though we lost 3 wickets Ponting still kept up the pace so after 10 overs we had 48 on the board which is a good effort. That is basically the type of start Gilly gets us off to but usually a bit better.

Why would you want to move Hussey from his current position? You wouldn't really, and because of that you would have to have watson above him if watson was to get into the side.

ajay2k5 said:
Why would you want to move Hussey from his current position? You wouldn't really, and because of that you would have to have watson above him if watson was to get into the side.

It would depend on the situation I guess. If we need to finish off send Hussey in. If we have time chuck Watson in cause he needs time before he can smash a few big ones.

IloveGilly said:
I've always thought of 270 as competitive and 350+ as near impossible.

I agree those totals are competitive but if you want a guranteed win anything over 300 is the way to go unless you are in NZ and you have a crap bowling attack.

Hmmmm Katich misses the stumps again. How good is Jaques fielding? As maybe that is another reason to get Jaques in :D

Don't worry we already snapped him up cause hes played a test and ODI match for Aus. So he would have to wait 4 years to play for England and his heart wouldn't be in it :D
Plus if he isn't in the side when Gilly is gone then he should head over to England cause that is plain stupid for a star like him not to be opening.

Wow Lewis is getting hammered.

aussie1st said:
Don't worry we already snapped him up cause hes played a test and ODI match for Aus. So he would have to wait 4 years to play for England and his heart wouldn't be in it :D
Plus if he isn't in the side when Gilly is gone then he should head over to England cause that is plain stupid for a star like him not to be opening.

Wow Lewis is getting hammered.

hhhmmm, makes me wonder if the selectors played him for that 1 test and ODI so he couldn't wander of to England, so in 2 or so years time when we will need him he is there.

Last edited:
Good thinking, one of the few smart moves our selectors have made. :)
But by God if Jaques isn't in the ODI side for the SA series these selectors need to get the axe.

he wont want to play for england...he was born in australia, he's already said australia is his only choice.

but i would be furious with the selectors if he was lost

Nice theory. Besides I think I heard him say that Australia has been his home all his life and wouldn't consider going to England for national selection. Wouldn't be a bad idea going there considering his county record.

Users who are viewing this thread