The VB Series 2006

VB Series Winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
James219 said:
Nice theory. Besides I think I heard him say that Australia has been his home all his life and wouldn't consider going to England for national selection. Wouldn't be a bad idea going there considering his county record.

Correct me if I am wrong but he was born in Australia but his parents were born in England right?

Yep pretty sure that's right ajay2k5. Back to the game, Atapattu sinks them in more early trouble, I can't see this match going on too long or any chance of a significant resistance.

I am worried about our bowling though, we don't have anywhere near as much class as we use to, so our batsman are going to have to score big in order to win more matches.

Sri Lanka are just going to hit out here, swing the bat and have some fun. Then off to the Gabba we go..

SL still have a chance of winning this the way they are playing. Aus need wickets. And yes our bowling looks really worring. Why not give Tait a go, he can't go much worse than some of the guys bowling right now. Imagine if he could get his yorker right :p Also I wouldn't mind giving Bollinger a go because he has performed in ING and he is young unlike these guys.

Hogg gets Mahela first ball :clap

ajay2k5 said:
I am worried about our bowling though, we don't have anywhere near as much class as we use to, so our batsman are going to have to score big in order to win more matches.

Sri Lanka are just going to hit out here, swing the bat and have some fun. Then off to the Gabba we go..

u and me both mate...

ive been seriously worried about the bowling for awhile.

genghis_khan said:
u am me both mate...

ive been seriously worried about the bowling for awhile.

I'm more worried about our ODI bowling. We have a number of guys doing well in Pura aka test matches so heres hoping they transfer this form to test cricket. ING on the other hand there is only a few bowlers that stand out, one that is basically retired, Bollinger and Tait.

Wow how did Murali get hit for 99 on this pitch. Hogg is causing all sorts of problems. Lovely flipper to finish off.

aussie1st said:
SL still have a chance of winning this the way they are playing. Aus need wickets. And yes our bowling looks really worring. Why not give Tait a go, he can't go much worse than some of the guys bowling right now. Imagine if he could get his yorker right :p Also I wouldn't mind giving Bollinger a go because he has performed in ING and he is young unlike these guys.

Hogg gets Mahela first ball :clap

Tait will return to the side, but it's a question of when he'll be ready, and whether or not our bowling coaches are going to work with him before hand to get him more accurate.

yes Tait will come around its just a matter of time.

i couldnt possibly make an assessment on Bollinger because all i know of him is what ive read on these forums....and that tells me he is a long way back in the queue if he is even in the selectors minds at all.

Bollinger is kinda of in the selectors minds as he was picked in the PM team as was Johnson. It would be good to see what our A team would look like.

Aus once again having problems cleaning up the tail.

Game over. Bracken took 2 quick wickets to finish it off. Great performance by Murali with the bat, awful perfomance with the ball.

again a quite easy win for australia, they was in trouble at beginning but after loosing 3 wickets match was in always australia's favour. one question still there : is katich good to choose as opener with gilly ?

ajay2k5 said:
Correct me if I am wrong but he was born in Australia but his parents were born in England right?

ajay2k5 did put his profile up on Post 1225.

Users who are viewing this thread