The VB Series 2006

VB Series Winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
squiz said:
Well according to wikipedia Symonds parents are West Indian

Parents born in West Indies, moved to England then he was born, then moved to Australia.

WOW, how blessed, he was actually at one stage able to pick any 3 teams to play for...

And fooloishly chose the hardest team to make.
For a while there it looked like he never would make it into the Aus team but now his choice is starting to pay off for him and australia.

y2j826 said:
again a quite easy win for australia, they was in trouble at beginning but after loosing 3 wickets match was in always australia's favour. one question still there : is katich good to choose as opener with gilly ?

I reckon Katich is good enough. He takes singles and supports Gilchrist while he smashes the bowlers around. He can also score a lot of boundaries himself.

What a hypocrite Ricky Ponting is. Mr 'I'll walk if the fielder is sure' is a disgrace. No wonder he's turned into the most hated Aussie captain of all time.

It's not like it was out anyway. Jayawardene the cheat was trying to claim a catch which clearly bounced before he caught it.

MUFC1987 said:
What a hypocrite Ricky Ponting is. Mr 'I'll walk if the fielder is sure' is a disgrace. No wonder he's turned into the most hated Aussie captain of all time.

jayawardene apologised to Ponting a few overs after the incident after the sri lankan dressing room told the players on the field it was no catch.

What a great batting display of Australia, although first three wickets went down pretty cheap. But Australia is showing what they're capable of if everything goes right.

murali 99 in 10 overs, its a record for most runs conceded in a limited over match for murali and i think for any bowler too.

Drewska said:
I reckon Katich is good enough. He takes singles and supports Gilchrist while he smashes the bowlers around. He can also score a lot of boundaries himself.

But any batsmen could do that. Heck chuck McGrath as an opener! Jaques could push the singles, Clarke could push the singles, Hussey could push the singles. What these 3 have different to Katich is they can also smash the boundaries and keep their strike rate well above 80.

Sureshot said:
Nah, someones got well over 100 in a ODI.

It wasn't well over, only 5 runs but this guy at least got 2 wickets and he had 2 more overs to bowl as it was 60 over games. Thus Murali has conceded the most runs in a 50 over ODI!

Sureshot said:
Nah, someones got well over 100 in a ODI.
Only once. Martin Snedden of New Zealand went for 105 against England at the Oval in 1983.

However, that was in a 60 over game, and hence Snedden had 12 overs. Murali's is the worst in a 50 over game.

ZexyZahid said:
What a great batting display of Australia, although first three wickets went down pretty cheap. But Australia is showing what they're capable of if everything goes right.

They're showing what they're capable of doing when everything goes wrong, hence being able to change the momentum their way without changing their frame of mind.

Users who are viewing this thread