The VB Series 2006

VB Series Winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well he just hit a four. I rather see an opener getting 50 from about 70-75 balls, then having 25 runs from 25 balls.

Jayasuriya just dropped Gilchrist.

Last edited:
I think everyone are expecting too much from Katich. I personally think he is slow and should be dumped for Jaques but he got in this team by his current style of batting. So he should keep it the same. Also the influence of twenty20 has played a major role in ODI's now, nowadays every batsman should strike at least 80+

Damn slow Aussie overrate. It has meant that A Current Affair is aired longer and missing 40 minutes of play already.

I've said it all summer get Jaques in!
Katich SR is 40 odd right now and he had 5 dot balls in a row. Gilly gets a single off the first ball or Katich gets it off the last and Gilly is stuck at the other end.

At least Katich is hitting 4s now but still Jaques should be opening. Katich should bat at 4 because thats how he bats, nice and slow.

Katich Strikerate of 50, terrible.. First 3 balls of the over I just saw he never looked to play a slightly attacking stroke, was defensive minded.

FFS, this is boring. Bloody Katich is boring me to tears. I might even go to a mates place and not even watch this ****..

Look how much strike Gilly has had in the last 10 overs. Basically nothing! If Katich wants to score slowly, fine. But he has to GIVE most of the strike to Gilly. If not he better hit one 4 per an over.

Bang Gilly hits a 4 off the last ball :( Please Katich, give Gilly the Strike!

I'll bet u anything they select Katich over Jaques GRRRRRR!!!

knowing those selectors and just how frustrating they are...i mean come on Katich dropped a catch, is one of the worst fielders in the side and is a slow arse batsman.

Katich is terrible at getting singles, thats his problem. He hasn't improved all through the tour.

BUT hes supporting Gilchrist alright at the momnt. Katich HAS to bat through the innings or at least make a hundred before being dismissed. Theres no excuses. Gilchrist is doing all the work.

Wow better get back, Gilchrist is great to watch at the moment.

Anyone can support Gilchrist and most would do a better job at giving him the strike.

Heck even justin langer would be a better opener.
I know he has a bad rep for being a slow scorer but over the last few years he has become one of the fastest scorers in test cricket in his efforts to make the aussie odi squad.

masterful century to Gilchrist...his 14th

did u hear Greig mention the fact that Ntini, Nel and Kallis are all fit??
geez he really doesnt like the australians, the way he said it was very aggressive and he clearly hopes the australians get hammered.

if u dont like australia griegy bugger off, its our team, our home summer our one day series...dont sit there and have a go!

Last edited:
Great stuff, Katich batting well and Gilly beautifully. The bowlers have to be congratulated though for restricting Sri Lanka to such an uninspiring total on what was an excellent surface, particularly without the experience and skill of McGrath and Hogg.

genghis_khan said:
masterful century to Gilchrist...his 14th

did u hear Greig mention the fact that Ntini, Nel and Kallis are all fit??
geez he really doesnt like the australians, the way he said it was very aggressive and he clearly hopes the australians get hammered.

if u dont like australia griegy bugger off, its our team, our home summer our one day series...dont sit there and have a go!

He is a genuine knob, his performance throughout the summer has almost forced me to write a letter to voice my displeasure. How about all the crap about the South African crowds looking to retaliate for the abuse the South Africans received over here. No team cops more heat from opposing fans and the media than the Australians, he is just full of it.

NO-BALL! :D

Gilly must be bloody fit, keeping all day in the sun, having a shortened break then coming out and blasting them everywhere.

Gilly you silly boy, you can be stumped off a no ball!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread