Top End Series

Good to see Dorey is bowling well.

Just got the 3rd wicket. India are in control, but hopefully with that wicket we can pull something out of our arses from here.

They are well in control. We need quick wickets to have any chance. One positive is Tait bowling a McGrath like spell. Cancel out those wides and it's even more McGrath like.
Dorey has been good, Cullen has picked up his 2nd wicket which is good to see for the young man and Hilfenhaus has gone the same way as Johnson.

gambino said:
where can i see the scorecard?

Just go to cricket.com.au

Those saying he won't make the World Cup, think again! Hes going and the only way he won't is if he doesn't want to. Our backups just aren't ready.

What do you know Watson has got another wicket. He sure does have a knack for taking them. Economy much better this time round.

Piyush Chawla once again has had a great game. He surely is one of the best young players going around and I believe he is only 18 or 19. I would say India A took their time to reach their tota and did not want to lose the game after a fine performance with the ball which meant the economy rate of the Aus bowlers were pretty good. If they were batting in the first innings it could of been a totally different story.

A poor performace with the bat by Aus A judging by the scorecard. Hodge again chipped in with a handy half century and interesting to see Jaques failing since his fantastic form in England. I believe a twenty20 game is on tommorrow against Pak, and expect the Aus A team to perform much stronger.

kodos said:
Piyush Chawla once again has had a great game. He surely is one of the best young players going around and I believe he is only 18 or 19.

17! Definitely a promising prospect for Indian cricket...
Hodge is out for an Ashes berth, I see :p

Jaques and Cosgrove have failed twice, but they are in good form. We need them playing well if we are to win.

James219 said:
17! Definitely a promising prospect for Indian cricket...
Hodge is out for an Ashes berth, I see :p

More like an ODI berth :) Let see how he goes in the tour games we have.
It would be good if our batters gave our bowlers something decent to defend cause we haven't really seen what they can do. Maybe if we bowl first that would give us a good indiction of where our backup bowlers are at.

Geez in the nz/pak game some pakistan batsman made 107* in the 20/20 match and the team total was only around 160 thats amazing.

well Aus A have been a real let-down so far this tournament.

Let's hope they get their arse into gear soon.

NZ A play two games in one day not often you see that. I suspect they are playing their other team.
Anyway the team that played was disappointing against Pakistan A. Batters all out for 104 after 16.4 overs. No real stars in that team though, they have saved all their main stars for our game.

It will be good to see how Jeetan Patel bowls today. He looks like a very promising spin bowler for NZ.

cricketmad09 said:
Dont get too cocky. It's only Northern Territory. You have the 2nd best team out of 4 million odd, against the best team from 150,000, and most of that 150,000 not having access to the resources your average Australian or New Zealander would.

Theyre probably as good as a Melbourne Premier Cricket 2XI team for gods sake.

Not cocky. I was more refering to the Aus A win we had, which was a thrashing. Those two thrashings vs that NT side are wins. Which is good to see. The players are performing.

And yeah, should be interesting. We are bowling first vs Aus A. Good start from us, Hodge in and has probably been Australians only batsmen in any form.

And no, that is the same team playing both twenty/20's. Probably our worst of the two battingwise despite having McMillan and Sinclair. The better spinners are in this team though. So the low total was a positive. All those 10's and 20's scores and no one went on.

Last edited:
Haddin's dismisal was strange. He was bowled a beamer, then thinking he had a free hit, he tried to hit it out of the ground, and he was caught...

Users who are viewing this thread