Top End Series

Who has ever rated Dorey?? :D But I agree the others are very much overrated and you should add Watson to that list. Cullen is quite a decent bowler and yes just give him time and he could have a long international career ahead of him.

Yay, we won, easy win. Good stuff How. He is much better suited to the One Day game. Good support from Papps. Our bowlers arn't the best quality either but they bowled tidily enough. (Mark) Gillespie is quite a good bowler with some nice pace. Good to see him do well.

Agreed our bowlers are bloody overrated. We've got serious problems for the future if this is all we've got. Watson was crap, got 2 wickets but conceded more than Tait. And Tait had 7 wides. If we want Mick Lewis to lose his record just keeping playing Watson. Cullen is going alright just not taking the wickets.

Hopes bowling I've never rated and today confirmed that. The sooner Henriques comes up the sooner we get a decent all rounder. Once again should have picked Bollinger, you wouldn't have seen this crap from him.

I love how after a loss the excessive explanations and misplaced berations crop up.

cricketmad09 said:
One of the problems is the selection. I never liked the squad that was picked. We should have played Rogers instead of the 4th bowler. We had Watson and Hopes, who were all-rounders playing, so we had enough bowling, but our batting was suspect. 4 batsmen, a wicketkeeper and 2 all-rounders. Also alot our guys didnt actually do well in ODD this season. Only 4 guys averaged 30+ this season, and one of those guys was Chris Rogers, who was dropped. We will kill it in the 4-dayers, but most of our batsmen have potential, but arent performing in the one dayer form. They dont know how to play one dayers.

So to sum up, ****.

Handy considering our position, but regardless, he had a strike rate of 52 in his innings, which is not good enough. If he is going to be an international cricket (which he wont, but hypothetically) he has to learn how to create a score when in trouble, but still tick the scoreboard over.
Sure, you can complain that one player wasn't picked, but only two players made starts. It usually takes more than 3 batsmen to set a big total.

Hopes most certainly did the right thing, finding himself, the seventh batsman, at the crease after barely more than 10 overs. Under immense pressure, any aggression in the next 30 overs would have been tainted with hubris. His task was to ensure they completed the innings, so what if it's at the expense of a few potential runs, his wicket would only be more costly.

After that miserable performance, you can't fault the bowlers for buckling under the pressure, taking risks, they had to take 10 wickets to win. Unfortunately for them, there was not the slightest bit of pressure felt by NZA. It would have taken not merely one, but several champions to wrest the initiative back. Tait, Cullen some of their ilk may yet prove champions, but not even the great Glenn McGrath was a champion aged 22.

What a game to watch. Gambhir was amazing. He times the ball perfectly, as well as running out the captain, and Pakistan were not poor in the field. They were good actually.

Flat. Very flat. Not like yesterday at the start at all.

kodos said:
Who has ever rated Dorey?? :D But I agree the others are very much overrated and you should add Watson to that list. Cullen is quite a decent bowler and yes just give him time and he could have a long international career ahead of him.

Personally, I dont mind Watsons bowling. Decent enough for an all-rounder. Wont ever be a strike bowler, but he needs to combine it with some decent batting performences if he wants to play regularly for Australia as an all-rounder.

Gilchrist said:
Flat. Very flat. Not like yesterday at the start at all.

Not very flat 2nd time round. Pakistan were bundled out very cheaply. Rafatullah Mohmand was the pick of the batters with 84 rest didn't offer much support.

Thats a very big total from India A.

I wanna know how our White team did today but theres no live scorecards. Anyone have any idea?

Cricket Australia Web site.

aussie1st said:
Not very flat 2nd time round. Pakistan were bundled out very cheaply. Rafatullah Mohmand was the pick of the batters with 84 rest didn't offer much support.
Were you there? No, you weren't. So please, maybe its was poor batting?

Amazing. Peter Fulton has hit three sixes in a row, and also Lawrence(not sure of his first name) Was taken out og the attack for bowling a full toss above the batsmans head.

Wow, thats a huge total by us. Looks like the bowling is going alright too. Looks like another win. Great bowling B Martin! He is a very good spinner. It feels good to know we have soo much depth for the World Cup. We are in a great state at the moment. Good depth all-round. I would love to see us go away undefeated, the way the first 3 games have gone, we are on track.

I kid you not, but Ross Taylor is a part time off-break bowler. 5 wicket bag for him with a great economy rate. What a great performance.

Fulton is going to be a key figure in NZ cricket over the next decade I can tell. He has all the good traits, good technique, calm and focused, captaincy.

I don't know why How batted at 9 or whatever. An injury perhaps? I hope not.

Last edited:
You Kiwis sure do have some good young talent coming through. Ross Taylor has real potential with the bat. Fulton we have already seen what he can do with his performance with the Black Caps.

NT just haven't provided a good contest for the teams. Back to Aus A tommorow, hopefully our future star batters do something this time.

Users who are viewing this thread