Top End Series

Seems like a flat wicket for the Aussie match. Big scores comming up there.

McMillan out playing a bad shot, lol nothing new there. I don't like How as a test opener. He appeals much more to me in the shorter form.

Interesting, seems like Watson opened the bowling with Johnson and Tait is only just bowling. Good to see Johnson showing what hes got, hes done well this tour match. Bailey adds another wicket to his 4 for also going well.

India A team seemed to have played well,mainly in the second innings.They bowled the opposition out cheaply and then Badrinath played a crucial innings in the middle order.Hopefully we can continue that good run.

Im pretty sure, that in Watsons last 3 first class innings, he has scored 201*, 163* and 63*. Thats 427 runs without being dismissed.

Never doubted Watson's batting, I've seen the potential there. Bowling like usual is the problem. Could be a few more years before he is a true all rounder.

But Watson admittedly himself says he seeks to emulate Flintoff and Flintoff is generally a bowling all rounder who can score quickly and add extra runs if needed. Bowling is the area Watson should certainly continue to work hard on

Watson's injuries over the past few years have actually brought with them a blessing in disguise; he's been able to switch the focal point almost entirely to his batting. His technique is, as a result, very solid, and he can play his strokes with plentiful confidence and alot more creativity than he has been able to do so in prior years. His bowling is decent, but does lack- if the timeless evil of injuries doesn't cast its spell upon him in the near future, he should be able to improve on that area a hell of alot, and with Troy Cooley on CA's side, things are looking up.

cricketmad09 said:
Im pretty sure, that in Watsons last 3 first class innings, he has scored 201*, 163* and 63*. Thats 427 runs without being dismissed.
That's 5 runs right there.

Damn it. Voges should be in. Even White or Thornley would be a better option.

I would have liked to see David Hussey get a shot, he was certainly one of the best batsmen in the ING.

He is playing for Notts right now isn't he? He seems to be havging a good season there.

Users who are viewing this thread