Transmission Closes Down

Firstly - Terrible news for all the guys who have lost their jobs...

Secondly - Bad news for all us AC09 players and no more online games with BETA2 - sad to think as this game was just realising it's potential and the future looked bright for further titles but hopefully someone out there will pick up the AC09 team...

IMHO, it is better to wait for an official confirmation about the state of the game. Nothing much can be done here. Yes, it is a terrible news and yes it is very easy to point finger at pirates but in reality you can't expect cricket games to sell like FIFA. If you have such high figures then even if legal customers buy two copies it cannot make up for FIFA sales :(

I think this is the end of good cricket game. I just hope they will release the patch. Can someone confirm that the online servers are down?

P.S: Rob is online now!! So.. any news?

Last edited:
The online feature should still work for the ps3 right? I did not buy this game to play against the AI especailly without the patch.

If they take the ps3 online servers I will throw a hissy fit

Can this game get any worse?

@Golden 28:

PS3/Xbox 360, yes? If you are still going to get the patch, it's worth waiting for before doing anything rash like trading in what is now the best cricket game around.

Thank God for the beta patches on PC!

Online still works just finished a win bt 12 runs and the loser quit before the save zetra the name tho i can think of a better name for him.:banana2

Its not working with beta 2 though.May as well take the game back to the shop i bought it from.

I hope they just go ahead and submit the patches for consoles right now.

Anyone know if the online servers for consoles will be shut down? Or are they run by PSN and XBOX Live?

couple of questions here....

Who runs transmission?....whose decision to close it?

Why would it be closed days before a patch is finished? Which as someone else posted may provide further sales?

I am obviously concerned for the people who lost their jobs, but am also pi**ed off that after waiting patiently, investing my money into the 360 version, I will not have a patch after all. As has been said previously, looks like a trade-in now.

Didn't Codemasters refuse to patch Lara last time? :spy

couple of questions here....

Who runs transmission?....whose decision to close it?

Why would it be closed days before a patch is finished? Which as someone else posted may provide further sales?

I am obviously concerned for the people who lost their jobs, but am also pi**ed off that after waiting patiently, investing my money into the 360 version, I will not have a patch after all. As has been said previously, looks like a trade-in now.

Didn't Codemasters refuse to patch Lara last time? :spy

I would hold fire if I were you - if they do release the patch, you'll be sorry you traded it in. :)

Yes from info ive been reading over the past few week that the console patches were finished testing and just had to go through a certification process so.... surely it will stil be released.

I would hold fire if I were you - if they do release the patch, you'll be sorry you traded it in. :)

It`s a big if though, a big,big if...They don`t care,they knew the closure was on the cards,do you think they for one minute could give a toss about their customers, I very much doubt it, For a game to take this long to patch,says it all for me,and now we are not even going to get it..

It`s a big if though, a big,big if...They don`t care,they knew the closure was on the cards,do you think they for one minute could give a toss about their customers, I very much doubt it, For a game to take this long to patch,says it all for me,and now we are not even going to get it..

The company needs money, releasing the patch can only increase post-production sales. There is even more reason now to release it as any new sales can only help them pay some debt.

well i was in transmission games office on 18th october 2009 and i spent an hour and half with darkboyblunder (rob). what my experiance was that they were very much into giving everyone a patch. i mean rob was working on sunday. i dont think he knew what is going to happen next week. he was very passionate about this game. i could see them working very hard. its all coporate thing guys. its the share holders who decide what to do and not staff. share holders only want profit. thats the nature of the beast. got nothing to do with staff as they were giving it all to this game and i saw that. they had plans for new game etc. but anyway its a sad sad news. we are worried about our game and patch, think of people loosing their job. its not easy thing to go through.

btw, patch is already sent to codemasters so we still might get it. wish everyone at TG all the best.

Users who are viewing this thread