Transmission Closes Down

Tranmission Games is a public company? No way is it that big, they do not have shareholders.

Tranmission Games is a public company? No way is it that big, they do not have shareholders.

it must have a owner or ceo. what i mean is that owner or ceo are only interested in profit. its a business for them. staff on the other hand are different. if they beleive it is profitable to close the company then they will. but we cant blame staff for that. they are getting the worse out of this. :facepalm

not a great news
hopefully we will hear someone officially as a confirmation whats going on

Last edited:
Sad to hear this news. It must be awfully tough for Rob and the other developers, so wishing them all the best.

Unfortunately, the news is not a big surprise. I realized how fickle the gaming industry can be many years ago when a small Belgian company called Appeal released a game called Outcast. Anyone who has played Outcast knows what an absolutely phenomenal game it was -- light-years ahead of it's time. The overall reception for the game was quite positive and the game won several awards. Ofcourse, the company was promptly shut down. Outcast was Appeal's one and only game. Amazing.

My point is that it is difficult for anyone from the outside to know what caused TG to shutdown. I highly doubt the sole reason was the sales of AC09, though the extremely limited market for cricket coupled with the rampant piracy in the subcontinent (normally the biggest market), couldn't have helped.

I wonder why cricket developers waste time making a PC version. If they just focus on the console versions, where piracy is not as big an issue (as it requires modding the hardware and losing the warranty) and instead released it in North America too, where a lot of people from the subcontinent live, sales just might have been better.

it must have a owner or ceo. what i mean is that owner or ceo are only interested in profit. its a business for them. staff on the other hand are different. if they beleive it is profitable to close the company then they will.
Um, no. Team are the people who run the company, and from the descriptions, they seem to be in the industry because that's where their passions lie, not just for profit. There are fairly reasonable explanations of the problems, they don't come from Ashes Cricket 2009, that had backing and funding from Codemasters. The issues came outside that, Transmission Games Lays Off A Third Of Its Workers [Updated] | Kotaku Australia gives an insight into the huge issues they were facing as a company.

Clearly, while at that time they thought they could make some cuts and be able to continue, they must have now come to the conclusion that debts are too bad to be able to carry on. That's not a case of a CEO taking profits, it is a case of last resort. They are a small company in a tough industry.

Um, no. Team are the people who run the company, and from the descriptions, they seem to be in the industry because that's where their passions lie, not just for profit. There are fairly reasonable explanations of the problems, they don't come from Ashes Cricket 2009, that had backing and funding from Codemasters. The issues came outside that, Transmission Games Lays Off A Third Of Its Workers [Updated] | Kotaku Australia gives an insight into the huge issues they were facing as a company.

Clearly, while at that time they thought they could make some cuts and be able to continue, they must have now come to the conclusion that debts are too bad to be able to carry on. That's not a case of a CEO taking profits, it is a case of last resort. They are a small company in a tough industry.

yeah you are right. i just did a bit of history search on them and i agree with you. its a sad day for cricket game lovers.

Well i am honestly gutted cause the job tg have done on this project has been massive up to other gaming companys and my thoughts are with all the hard working gamers that have unfortunately lost there jobs thanks again guys :)

And well what i know of about the patch is that well when last talking to darkboyblunder who my thoughts are with also he was mentioning how it was time for the patch to be released and sent off to be put through the certification process and im pretty sure testing had come to a conclusion and the work was sent off to codemasters, so i still see a patch coming our way, well fingers crossed anywayz.

yesterday rob came to this forum and didnt post anything!!!! post something man, nothing about the patch. just tell as how are you and how are you guys holding up. we care. patch is not important anymore but people like you are !!!! always ... our good wishes are with you mates

yes i agree but i still care about the patch and i did say my thoughts are with the workers and rob ectect

But we still deserve a patch.

And patch is in codemasters hands now anywayz so tg you have done your job as well as you could i do hope rob is coping well he realy was a nice friendly person on this forum a realy great guy in my opinion our thoughts are with all people at tg wel my thoughts anyway :)

Last edited:
yes i agree but i still care about the patch and i did say my thoughts are with the workers and rob ectect

But we still deserve a patch.

And patch is in codemasters hands now anywayz so tg you have done your job as well as you could i do hope rob is coping well he realy was a nice friendly person on this forum a realy great guy in my opinion our thoughts are with all people at tg wel my thoughts anyway :)

well, yes patch is nice if we get it but finding good jobs for people like rob is nicer. well i just email codis asking them to hire rob as he would be a very good man for their team... i dont think they would just becouse i ask them to. but its what i can do for now.. if you meet him again please tell him our wishes are with him and the team !!!

Yes i agree, patch is with codies now anywayz so no need to talk about patch for now.
So yes we should keep our thoughts with everyone at TG and rob especially as he was a nice friendly kind guy to us all on this forum and i wish him the best.

Really nice thing mate what you did emailing codies about rob :)

I'm sorry to hear TG are finished:(. I hope all involved are able to bet back on their feet soon.

A big thankyou to the TG team for finalising the patch this week. You all must have had , at least, an inkling of this coming. Your fan service is second to none.

I enjoy playing the game and with the improvements you've made with the patch - that I have read on these forums - I hope to enjoy it even more when it arrives on the xbox.

somebody can create a petition for hiring transmission game employees by codemaster or give them credit for the job they did

Bugger :eek: all the best Rob & the transmission staff & there families :)

Best Cricket game for awhile (with the beta) well done :happy

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread