WC2007: Semi Finals

but he played his first test against us and with technology these days they wont be under prepared but it will add a bit of spice

I predict, NZ vs SA in the finals.... No any specific reasons except, both are yet to win a WCup.. Especially SA deserved to win in 1999 but luck didn't favour them.. And same SA vs Aus semis here tooo.. Its time for SA i feel to grab the big trophy which they failed to get in 1999. ;)

Our middle to lower order haven't faced him so the top order will need to see him off. Also I noticed Malinga has dismissed Gilly twice in 4 inns so that might be a slight worry. The technology is good and all but nothing like facing the real thing, guess with Tait we can replicate the slinging action.

Aus v SA - Aussies to either beat the Proteas into submission or be upset and lose, but the latter has little chance in my opinion. Ponting to hit a century and McGrath to pick up 3/less than 30. Proteas to choke as usual in a real pressure game against a decent side.

NZ v SL - A much more open game, with a close one on the cards I predict. I have to say that the Kiwis look stronger to me, and I tip that we'll have a Trans-Tasman final, with the Aussies to win their second clean sweep World Cup in a row I predict. Vettori to rip through the Lankans.

Last edited:
If we can bowl first in seamer friendly conditions against Sri Lanka, we have a good chance of tearing their top 4 apart. Sri Lanka depend a lot on their top 4 if you ask me. The rest is handy, but they arn't nearly as strong at the other 3 sides in the tournament.

New Zealand have come undone against the two top sides which is what I expected really. The fixture run in they had was extremely kind to them; Playing all the minnow nations, England, Bangladesh and the West Indies before the big teams. I can't see anyone beating Australia to be honest, which is exactly what I said on the opening day of this World Cup.

Sssshh. I don't really like Fleming, but I do like Ross Taylor, if he gets selected then mark him down as a key player.

taylor is good but he has been in horrendous form

Yea Taylor will be selected unless he gets injured. His form would have been affected from the injury he had during the Super 8. The good thing for him is he knows how to score runs against the SL attack and if all goes to plan knows how to score against our attack.

Australia vs New Zealand final. We'll win. Hopefully the final will be a better match then the 2003 WC final. India came into the match & right from the very first ball they had no chance of beating us.

Michael Hussey will play a match-winning knock in the final.

I'll be extremely pissed off if we don't win as we're clearly the best & have shown it. We better not blow it in the final.

Who ever have Australia face in the world cup as always been one-sided lets hope in
The Semi-finals and the final we have a good match
I am hoping for Aus vs Sri match in the final.

Users who are viewing this thread