WC2007: Semi Finals

the sri lankans would always have been the biggest challenge this world cup and resting those 3 bowlers against australia looks to be a really good plan in hindsight

And the thing which impress me is Ponting's captaincy record.. He has 20 wins in 20 matches so far in WCup. Thats amazing... And also, do any one know what was the last match lost by Aussies in WCup? I guess, its against Pak in group matches WC99. I am not sure though.

Even still, i am cursing Smith and Kallis :p They were needed to play a huge role but they failed.. i wud have been happy if they atleast wud have been dismissed in good deliveries.. but they threw away their wickets! Now only Kemp has to do magic to take SA to around 150-170 which is definitely not enough to defend. Who knows.. lets see! ;)

watsons bowling "ability" has been really shown up today. his batting is worthy of a top 6 spot in every country around the world but he needs to get mcgrath to teach him a few tricks

Watson is easy enough to hit but our team looks much better with him in there to be the 5th bowler.

What a mess that was from Tait looked like he had that one caught.

South Africa bowled out for 149 runs. Kemp was stranded on 49 runs. So much for the highly anticipated semi final.

i agree with you totally

he looked like he had it more than once it even looked as if it would sit on his shoulder

Well Watson did it himself at least. Took the easy route of the tailender but that'll do. Hopefully the Aussie batters do what they have done through out this tournament.

South Africa have been ripped apart by a good attack who utilised good accuracy mixed in with the attack in the early overs going horribly wrong.

Langevelt made the wrong decision. Why was he attacking with one wicket left and Kemp at the other end?

Man I was standing and sitting and screaming and shouting and going mad in front of my tv lol. Brendon Julian looks tired hehe. SA were lucky to get what they did! And why didn't Symonds bowl? I think Watson is simply there coz the selectors are Patrick Swayze fans! Can't think of any other reason he's there. :laugh

I hope Haydos and Gilley get em without any loss of wickets...

Will_NA said:
Langevelt made the wrong decision. Why was he attacking with one wicket left and Kemp at the other end?
I think he knew that he would not be in for long and so best make use of the time he had.

Thanks to South Africa for not making me have to chose between the Semi Final and Liverpool vs Chelsea in the champions league :D

manee said:
South Africa have been ripped apart by a good attack] who utilised good accuracy mixed in with the attack in the early overs going horribly wrong.

Yes, SA went horribly wrong! From what i saw in this whole match, it was SA who commited suicide. Bad shots played. They failed to do the basics right. They were impatient. Is it necessary for skipper to get out like that in irresponsible way in such a crucial match? And more over, Kallis, who was the most experienced talented player failed to read McGrath. He got a Four.. ok.. How did he expected McGrath to bowl the same to try again for a 4.. I shd say, its smart cricket from McGrath that time..... & its just poor cricket from Kallis.

And Prince.. no excuse. Overall, SA just gifted the crucial wickets.

Griffo said:
the inside edge tait to gibbs could prove vital in this match and will be a good excuse if australia dont win :)

it was 153 kph

yeh, Kph means not alot to me.

Um I know 160 is 99.4 mph because the radar went nuts yesterday suggesting vaas bowled at nearly 100mph :D

Just did some googling and I was right, 95.048 or something.

Users who are viewing this thread