West Indies in England

I meant he is the better keeper in terms of the actual job, with the gloves. No way am I saying that it shouldn't be Prior behind the stumps, I'm just saying that read would have coped just as well, if not better, with the gloves at Old Trafford than prior imo ;)

Your wrong you stupid idiot!

:p Obviously im joking here, yeah Rabzz i do agree with you Read is a decent standard of gloveman, but i think Prior would pip him in a contest, and what with Priors ability to get quick runs, seems like a decent choice!

Your wrong you stupid idiot!

:p Obviously im joking here, yeah Rabzz i do agree with you Read is a decent standard of gloveman, but i think Prior would pip him in a contest, and what with Priors ability to get quick runs, seems like a decent choice!

From what I have seen Prior looks a very good batsmen, albeit the only Test batting he has done is against a rather poor WI attack. His first class record is very good, and looks the part. His keeping has also looked fine from what I have seen, keeping well to Mustaq, he can't be that bad. Read is still the better gloveman though :p

Whether or not Prior's is remains to be seen as quite frankly, myself and Sureshot could open the batting for England against this lot and we'd put on a 200 stand.

Could? We did, don't you remember that fateful night in Lahore when we batted in the dark? ;)

Btw, Priors technique is solid, even against these kind of attacks GoJo and Read looked fallible.

Could? We did, don't you remember that fateful night in Lahore when we batted in the dark? ;)

Btw, Priors technique is solid, even against these kind of attacks GoJo and Read looked fallible.

Brave Bar-Stewards! :rolleyes:

Yeah, i'm not doubting his technique as he looks fine. As much as I want too, i'm not completely making my mind up yet until he's tested against a quality attack.

Yeah, Who needs Hussain and Thorpe when you have Roberts and *insert SS surname here*?

Fair enough Jones, but Read is the best keeper in the country, and he would have dealt just as well with them imo...

Im sorry but if you have seen Read recently and compare him to when he was younger, His keeper standards have fallen greatly. I doubt he's the best keeper in the country anymore. Granted his hands are good, he's just making elementary mistakes, and his footwork is getting very sloppy.

Although by this I'm not saying that Prior is the best Keeper in the country.

Im sorry but if you have seen Read recently and compare him to when he was younger, His keeper standards have fallen greatly. I doubt he's the best keeper in the country anymore. Granted his hands are good, he's just making elementary mistakes, and his footwork is getting very sloppy.

Although by this I'm not saying that Prior is the best Keeper in the country.

Point is, why would drop someone when he is in good form. Right now, Prior is doing more than a decent job for England and yes maybe he isnt as good, but until he actually screws up (like Jones and Read did previously) the selectors must stick with him.

Read's batting technique isn't up to Test match standard. Whether or not Prior's is remains to be seen as quite frankly, myself and Sureshot could open the batting for England against this lot and we'd put on a 200 stand. I think Prior is here stay though; That wicket keeper spot is his for a long time coming.
And then Darren Sammy took 7fer!

Yeah, i'm not doubting his technique as he looks fine. As much as I want too, i'm not completely making my mind up yet until he's tested against a quality attack.

Yeah, Who needs Hussain and Thorpe when you have Roberts and *insert SS surname here*?

It's Stilwell.

Right now, Prior is doing more than a decent job for England and yes maybe he isnt as good, but until he actually screws up

Isn't as good? His keeping in the series so far has been brilliant given the lack of direction from the bowlers (mainly Harmy and Plunkers). I can remember one dropped catch and a missed stumping. The stumping though was incredibly tough as it went the wrong way despite being a normal delivery...

I have a feeling that this will help Windies. I have a feeling that they'll win this test. With a massive century from Gayle.

Here's a radar of the British Isles.

spacer.gif

Source: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html?

It doesn't look good I'm afraid.

I have a feeling that this will help Windies. I have a feeling that they'll win this test. With a massive century from Gayle.

Here's a radar of the British Isles.

spacer.gif

Source: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html?

It doesn't look good I'm afraid.

how is rain going to help WI?

did u see the carnage in swing overcast conditions at headingly?

There won't be any play here till monday if forecast is right anyway..

DRAW

How annoying, have a half day at sixth form and play is called off. What a bummer. It better be on tommorow as i have cricket match sunday and i want to see at least some of this game. *prays for sun tommorow*

Why did the rabbit cross the road?

To come to the sunny south!

------------

I thought the forecast was better for the weekend, Eddie?

Tbh though I reckon in cold and swinging conditions we can win in 3 days...

Users who are viewing this thread