West Indies in England

When we move several thousand miles south?

----------

Btw out of curiosity, me and my parents were talking and wondering where the nearest non- English test ground was. It was Islamabad in Pakistan, 3,700 miles away iirc.

That's nearer than SA and the West Indies?

That's really unfortunate, not so much for the match, but for Sammy, he deserved to get another match out of this tour. Still, a mild groin strain is better than a hamstring tear or side strain. He is still a chance.

Injuries always happen to the team who are on the back foot. I feel sorry for the West Indies.

I still can't believe Monty caught that return catch. I expected it to hit him or the umpire smack in the jaw. He did well to get 10 wickets, West Indies played him alright actually, was just really tough conditions. You can't hide from a spinner, the bowl all day if they want. I thought Harmison was excellent in the second innings.

Another thing from the last game. All the byes England conceded. Prior is a good batsman but his work behind the stumps is probably some of the sloppiest around.

Another thing from the last game. All the byes England conceded. Prior is a good batsman but his work behind the stumps is probably some of the sloppiest around.

Too be fair to him he had very little chance considering one ball would be way down the leg side, the next way down the off side, then the leg side, then straight. Looked to be a nightmare to keep against. And a fair few of the byes looked like they should of been wides in all honesty.

No, I wouldn't say that. When you have to deal with Steve Harmison and Liam Plunkett firing it towards third man and deep point, you can have a bit of leeway when it comes to byes.

Btw out of curiosity, me and my parents were talking and wondering where the nearest non- English test ground was. It was Islamabad in Pakistan, 3,700 miles away iirc.

I'd say it was one of the West Indian grounds. That of course ignores grounds that have not yet hosted Test cricket but are approved to do so, of which you have one in Wales, four in Scotland, one in Northern Ireland, one in the Republic of Ireland and two in the Netherlands.

Injuries always happen to the team who are on the back foot. I feel sorry for the West Indies.

I still can't believe Monty caught that return catch. I expected it to hit him or the umpire smack in the jaw. He did well to get 10 wickets, West Indies played him alright actually, was just really tough conditions. You can't hide from a spinner, the bowl all day if they want. I thought Harmison was excellent in the second innings.

Prior's keeping has been safe...taken most of Harmison's 2nd slip wides and struggled a bit against Panesar in the last test but that was due to amazing turn and bounce.

That's nearer than SA and the West Indies?

Aye. Hang on let me get the piece of paper....

London to Islamabad - 3,756 Miles

London to Cape Town - 6,015 Miles

London to Pretoria - 5,613 Miles.

London to Bridgetown - 4,218 miles.

In the WIndies I tried St Johns (I think Antigua is the closest on the map) but the site didn't have it on there. (We used GeoBytes).

I would n't worry about Sammy not playing...no one else will be playing here either.

4th CONSECUTIVE day of rain here, literally has not stopped raining since monday afternoon..

even though islamabadis the closest i always wondered why the plane tickets are one of the most expensive for pakistan

wonder how much a trip to south africa costs ticket wise

Well whoever you want to blame, it has to stop really. The amount of extras in that match was the second highest ever. Most came from England and a large portion were byes. Can't afford that every game.

they really havent been to impressive, i would not be happy if i was an english cricket fan

Users who are viewing this thread