West Indies in England

yes the windies showed a fightback..........they were close to victory but unfortunately th wickets fell..

Hoggard in for Plunkett seems more than fair to me. As much as i'd like Anderson to play, Sidebottom doesn't deserve to be dropped.

Yup i agree with you there for once Matt, Plunkett has to take the long jump off the International stage, far too wayward :p I could have bowled less wides, drunk ;)

But seriously, the comment about bowling India out twice, its absolutely outstanding that you can say that, if Panesar is going to take nearly 5wickets an innings then were in for a chance, but then again, India have batsmen who could eat Warne up for breakfast, so Panesar will have to prove himself, which he did to some degree in Aus!

Our batting display was good, but nothing spectacular, but in my humble opinion, if we can rely on Alistair Cook every innings to nudge and nurdle at least a 40 run period, then it'll be great for the likes of KP to come in at say 150/2, and then can easly make the score to 300 in no time at all, and then hopefully Collingwood, and when fit, Flintoff can make a difficult 300 chase, into an impossible 450+ along with the tail - fairy tales maybe?

As Will said, were you really watching the 4th innings. They had a lot of patience, even the attacking players like Runako Morton and Dwayne Bravo, put their reigns on. To even come close to winning the game was an excellent effort and they need to be credited for the way they fought back.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not having a go at Sidebottom, he's done a mighty fine job and should keep his place for Durham. However if/when Harmison is back to his best, I dont think we will need Sidebottom, as we will have swing in Hoggard, more control in Harmison and potency from another bowler such as Broad, who deserves his chance.

Broad is inexperienced and doesn't know his hame (Plunkett, Mahmood) bowlers should know their game in county cricket, not try and learn it against Test opposition.

Yup i agree with you there for once Matt, Plunkett has to take the long jump off the International stage, far too wayward :p I could have bowled less wides, drunk ;)

But seriously, the comment about bowling India out twice, its absolutely outstanding that you can say that, if Panesar is going to take nearly 5wickets an innings then were in for a chance, but then again, India have batsmen who could eat Warne up for breakfast, so Panesar will have to prove himself, which he did to some degree in Aus!

Our batting display was good, but nothing spectacular, but in my humble opinion, if we can rely on Alistair Cook every innings to nudge and nurdle at least a 40 run period, then it'll be great for the likes of KP to come in at say 150/2, and then can easly make the score to 300 in no time at all, and then hopefully Collingwood, and when fit, Flintoff can make a difficult 300 chase, into an impossible 450+ along with the tail - fairy tales maybe?

Our record against India at home is pretty impressive isn't it?

Last edited:
Check out Bumbles comment when Harmison got out Taylor (I think):
'Start the Car...launch the pedalo' :laugh

don't compare India to west indies you can see there is a huge difference b/w
them ..........:cool:
dravid>10000runs
ganguly>10000
tendulkar>10000runs
WHAT MORE
Well although that's true. Chanderpaul's a better batsman then Ganguly & is probably on par with Gayle. Tendulkar can only seemingly make runs against Bangladesh these days & Dravid isn't someone who exactly 'dominates' the bowling either.

Vaughan bowling Tendulkar was for sure a real kick in the pants for India!

Is Stuart Broad even any good, or is he just some overhyped teenager?

No Broad has a big future. He did himself no harm against Pakistan last summer and he would probably be the spearhead of the attack come Ashes 2009.

I wasn't saying that the Windies & India were the same, In fact I sad that India hjad the same problem but were a different class. Read the post next time. The just have the same problem as the Windies, there's a lack of apllication sometimes. And they're vunerable in English conditions.

Vaughan bowling Tendulkar was for sure a real kick in the pants for India!
I don't think Indian fans are all that bothered about it! Tendulkar has a habit of getting out to awful bowlers, check it out. Good for Vaughan that he got him out, but don't read too much into it.

The ball that bowled him was a beauty though....

I think Vaughan is an under-rated bowler tbh, he did alright at the WC. Probably won't bowl much due to his dodgy body.

Users who are viewing this thread