West Indies in England

No Broad has a big future. He did himself no harm against Pakistan last summer and he would probably be the spearhead of the attack come Ashes 2009.

2009 ? Doubt it, like people have said, bowlers such as Broad, Mahmood, Anderson and Plunkett need to learn their game and ply their trade on the county circuit, like Sidebottom did. Learn their game, develop their action and start bowling consistently. We can't rush someone like Broad into the test team as he'll just end up like Plunkett and we'll be back to square one. I expect Broad to be in the team by 2009 but the spearhead of the attack ? I dont think so.

By 2009 I'd either expect Mahmood or Broad to have come on as the big fast bowling protege big time.
Because before long Harmison will begin to lose his pace, and he doesn't have the aggression or control to cut back and still be a good international bowler. It's already been said that many people who have played with and against Steve that he probably will retire by he's 31-33.

So, I think it could well happen depending on how they progress that Broad/Mahmood/Plunkett/Andersen is the main pace bowler, striker bowler.
It'll never be Hoggard, you're strike bowler is always your quickest generally.

Except Australia in recent years when McGrath lost his pace but retain his ridiculous control. Brett Lee was more of a strike bowler then, because it was his job soley to take wickets, whereas McGrath was used for his control, accuracy and ability to tie a batsman up, which inevitably leads to Wickets.

well don't think we need to worry about this Test..

I live 15-20mins from the ground , its rained solid for 3 days, and is due to rain for next few days..

Probly won't get any play at all..

Shame cos its not rained for like a whole month prior to this match.

I live 15-20mins from the ground , its rained solid for 3 days, and is due to rain for next few days..

I was planning on going on monday. Weather up here is just as bad.

Crazy! Its gorgeous here in Kent, absolutely gorgeous. I say move the test to Canterbury.

Wait a day or so, it's just becoming grey and threatening to rain over here in Herts. Shouldn't be too long till it gets to you.

Broad is inexperienced and doesn't know his hame (Plunkett, Mahmood) bowlers should know their game in county cricket, not try and learn it against Test opposition.
Broad seems to have more control though, from what I've seen of him.

2009 ? Doubt it, like people have said, bowlers such as Broad, Mahmood, Anderson and Plunkett need to learn their game and ply their trade on the county circuit, like Sidebottom did.
What, bring Broad in when he's 29?:rolleyes: As much as I agree they need some county cricket, as the old saying goes, if your good enough then your old enough.

What, bring Broad in when he's 29?:rolleyes: As much as I agree they need some county cricket, as the old saying goes, if your good enough then your old enough.

That's not what Australia did to build their great team though. Players like Hayden, Hussey, Clark had to wait a lot to get their full chance at international cricket.

I say play Broad in the odd ODI and bring him in 2008 at the very earliest.

That's not what Australia did to build their great team though. Players like Hayden, Hussey, Clark had to wait a lot to get their full chance at international cricket.
Thats because the Aussies had world class talent before these guys. I can't see our world class 3rd seamer, so Broad should be given a chance to see how he goes. If he doesn't go so well, then send him back to county cricket and give him time. If he does well then you've found yourself a test match bowler.

Nothing changes up north does it? Still on a mining strike? ;)

Nah we stopped those strikes a while back. We do want our Gravy supply increased though!

It's absolutely pelting it down in St.Helens. When will the British weather learn to behave?

When we move several thousand miles south?

----------

Btw out of curiosity, me and my parents were talking and wondering where the nearest non- English test ground was. It was Islamabad in Pakistan, 3,700 miles away iirc.

Users who are viewing this thread