West Indies in England

Yardy keeps bowling 60+ mph. No slower balls or even his 70+ delivery to fool the batsman. It's the same hitting speed, line and length.

Panesar should have played unless Yardy makes up for it with the bat

Yardy shoudnt be in the team... if England want Monty to become their spinner in all forms they must put him in! He is not going to learn One Day bowling when hes sitting on the ground

At times today Sidebottom has bowled in excess of 88mph. He must obviously save his quickest bowling for the shorter format I guess.

Variation please Mr.Yardy...

I wouldn't mind if Yardy bowled quicker and quicker as long as it is some sort of change

England playing extremly well at the end! Why dont they bowl these variations throughtout the 20 overs... it would be effective

Yardys poo. A much improved performance today, despite all the doubters coming out yesterday, lets just hope we can back it up with the bat. Bravos a cheat to, he shouldn't do what he did to Sidebottom to stop the run out. Should chase this but it is England.

Sammy's dives and Sidebottoms rolls FTW :D. Much better bowling performance, Sidebottom and Anderson were especially impressive, Doshi should be in the 20-20 side though, neither Panesar or Yardy are really good enough for twenty20. Panesar is fine in 50 over games but Doshi > Monty in Twenty20. Maddy has to play also. Much better bowling performance there though, should win comfortably i hope. Hopefully it'll finish quick so i can get bakc to cricket coach :p

England bowling did a better job then yesterday. This probably also means the West Indies have to improve their bowling also compared to yesterday.

I said it yesterday and I'll say it again. Yardy isn't an international cricketer, do the England selectors not learn from their mistakes of not picking Panesar in the past.

Slightly biased view on Yardy over Anderson Sureshot:p, although I guess you could counter that by saying that I am biased in the opposite way:p. I don't know, Yardy played and missed at an awful lot of balls during the late stage of our run chase yesterday.

Anyway, onto a more positive note. We've bowled much better today, with some more economical bowling. We should win this really, although if we get stuck in a hole early on like yesterday then we probably wont. We can't rely on Collingwood later on down the order. I was quite suprised we didn't make any changes today anyway, to give Plunkett and Panesar a game before the one day series.

Anderson did well - as I said good death bowling, and one over excluded (And yes I know that's a quarter of his overs) was quite brilliant. Broad was better too, Sidebottom the pick of the bowlers.

Users who are viewing this thread