West Indies in England

Much improved performance. West Indies beat us yesterday as they can to anybody on their day but even in this form of the game we managed a good performance and we deserved the win.

So pleased Shah has showed his quality, great maturity in the knock. Good win England, much improved proformance in bowling especially, pitch it up...need to take this performance into the ODI series, showed a lot more positivity. Oh and looks like I need to get the Shah avatar back again :p

Shah was indeed very good, Yardy was disappointing.

Yesterday slow bowlers were our best and today fast bowlers were. Sidebottom and Anderson were excellent today, especially given the time at when they bowled.

Overall though not too many complaints, some players didn't perform but then there isn't room in 2 sets of 20 overs for everyone to perform. Sunday here we come, I'm intruged into A) our batting order and side (Monty in, Yardy out would be my only change, though that does mean Broad at 8!) B) How we set about our innings and C) How our bowlers bowl.

If i'm honest, i'd give Yardy the first ODI as let's be fair, you can't really judge his bowling in a Twenty20 match. Especially as we know he can bowl well in ODI's. Give him a game on Sunday and if he fails it's Monty time from then on.

If i'm honest, i'd give Yardy the first ODI as let's be fair, you can't really judge his bowling in a Twenty20 match. Especially as we know he can bowl well in ODI's. Give him a game on Sunday and if he fails it's Monty time from then on.

But he won't get a wicket, which is what we need.
Monty may no best batsmen or fielder but he is a wicket taking spinner.

You say that as if it's a certainty. Yardy has taken wickets in the ODI's he's played for us and Monty hasn't done as well in the shorter format as everyone on here seems to think.

Exactly, Yardy might keep it tight, but will rarely pick up wickets, we need to take pace of the ball. Monty has to come back into the side, as far as I can see, he has not performed badly in ODI cricket, not to his potential though, but he was one of our best bowlers in the World Cup imo, and did pretty well Down Under. Oh and all this rabbiting about Monty bowling too quickly, which is slightly true, but why is yardy, who is in the side as a spinner firing it in above 60 mph? The argument seems flawed to me...

Yardy needs to realise that he's bowling to world-class batsman and 60mph dibbly dobblers won't bother them. Samuels varies the pace of his deliveries between 50 and 80mph while, with Yardy, it's 60mph and upwards and no spin whatsoever. Plus, he's round-arm.

Shah did well to win the match for England. Maybe he can continue this if he gets a chance of playing in the ODI side.

Why is Broad at 8 All of a sudden a bad thing?
The kid was an opening batsmen for Leicestershire youth sides up untill he was 17, when he continued to open the batting but started bowling more often.

Why is Broad at 8 All of a sudden a bad thing?
The kid was an opening batsmen for Leicestershire youth sides up untill he was 17, when he continued to open the batting but started bowling more often.
Exactly Don't you remember the way he cruised England to victory with one of the finest knocks you'll ever see in brian laras last test :p technically though his batting is very good, its going to be when Chris Broads your dad though !

Users who are viewing this thread