West Indies in England

It's 44/0 after 12 overs on a bowler friendly pitch in overcast conditions. It could be far worse so give them a break. It is the first time they've ever batted together you know.

At least these 2 look like their going to stay in and convert their starts, not just waste a load of balls.
lol as i say that they get out.

Well Plunkett has had a run in the side and stll shows no real control, we need someone reliable. Just because you don't rate Broad doesn't make him a bad bowler either, he's obviosuly got something otherwise he wouldn't be so hyped up.
Maybe his father just put in a good word for him?

This is why Pietersen should be in at number 3 given the situation. About 13 overs in, lowish run-rate. He'd be setting himself to bat to the 40-45th and get a century but nooooooo.

No. Last summer, Mohammed Asif showed why Pietersen shouldn't bat around the new ball early in our innings. Pietersen is the focal point of Englands innings, ODI and Test match, if we lose him then it's a big loss.

Last summer in a couple of games when Pietersen batting 4 had to come in very early got sorted out by Asif.

Pietersen's style of Cricket isn't capable against the new ball.

Also, I'd rather have 70-1 off around 20 overs, than 100-4.
You have to realise to bat to the pitch. If we tried to have attacked too much then we would have lost a lot of wickets early. You just have to settle sometimes, and consolidate, understand that the conditions are good for bowling and the West Indies bowlers have bowled well. 231 average score, that's easily reachable now because we have wickets in hand.

Last edited:
No. Last summer, Mohammed Asif showed why Pietersen shouldn't bat around the new ball early in our innings. Pietersen is the focal point of Englands innings, ODI and Test match, if we lose him then it's a big loss.

Last summer in a couple of games when Pietersen batting 4 had to come in very early got sorted out by Asif.

Pietersen's style of Cricket isn't capable against the new ball.

Also, I'd rather have 70-1 off around 20 overs, than 100-4.
You have to realise to bat to the pitch. If we tried to have attacked too much then we would have lost a lot of wickets early. You just have to settle sometimes, and consolidate, understand that the conditions are good for bowling and the West Indies bowlers have bowled well. 231 average score, that's easily reachable now because we have wickets in hand.
What about 96-2 after 25? Not 20...

Yeah, Pietersen was outclassed. Asif was bowling better then anyone at that time and that was before the Ashes tour where I believe Pietersen matured a bit as a batsman.

Didn't you see Pietersen in the WC though, against Australia? Come in in the 10th over (despite batting at 4 anyways), he played accordingly, started out fast & then slowed down to play correctly given the situation and he ended up making a century... It's the 26th over now & the conditions aren't playing favourably enough for a Pietersen century.

You say Pietersen is the focal point of the England innings, he can't make centuries when his coming in in the 30th over when the runrate is under 4 an over. His more likely to get out playing a rash shot and getting caught on the boundry; trying to up the runrate then he is when his facing the newball.

Ideally, you want to attack in the 1st 15 overs and England's setup doesn't have that at the moment. Even if he does fail, you've got Bell & Collingwood coming in the rebuild the innings.

Terrible umpiring decision against Prior there.

EDIT: Point proven, Pietersen playing a loose & unnessicery shot there, almost losing his wicket.

Prior was stone dead :|
Pietersen can play a loose shot if he wants, if he gets out by it, it's his own fault, not the teams. He does it often enough anyway.

Batting on Aussie flat tracks coming in early is a world away from playing on an English green top with overcast conditions.

He'd be playing by the team, to raise the run-rate? True?

Yeah but regardless of that batting & playing against Australia is on a whole different class compared to an undermaned West Indies lineup nowadays.

Meh, looks like this game is on Star Cricket in India and the idiots haven't really told us how to get it. So don't know who is watching it here. :/

Yes, but take into consideration how well Rampaul & Powell bowled with the new ball, exploiting all the conditions and keeping an incredibly tight line. They bowled fantastically.

Now we have 8 wickets in hand, that means that we can really tee-off in the last 10 overs.

You could see Bel getting run out, its a shame too, he was playing well.Still looking for that first 100 and when he gets that i reckon he'll score them more easily. Time for captain Colly to hit another 40 ball 70

It's official; Bell is the new Inzi.

No matter how well we go onto do in this game, we still pay far too much respect to part-timers. Samuels is a pie-thrower; Stop making him look like a good bowler because he isn't. Hit him.

Bell has a long way to go before getting named next to Inzamam-ul-Haq.

Hopefully the match will continue soon and the rain will stay away. West Indies did very good in restricting England.

good delivery from edwards, it looked strange the ball flew of the stumps in the same direction that collingwood was trying to hit it. i didt see how it bowled him

Broadys gone :( I reckon Broads going to bowl well now, Edwards might just have fired him up.

Users who are viewing this thread