Australia Tour Of India 2012/13

relentless_rock

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Cheteswar Pujara has been awesome.

Few years back it was ecstasy to think of batting talent India had on bench like Badri, Rahane, Pujara, Tiwary, Pandey, Mukund .. waiting for their opportunities to shine, but the way our seniors flopped in Eng and Aus it put out a more realistic picture that such domestic averages count for nothing unless they do something substantial abroad.

However, I feel two world class players have emerged from that younger lot. Kohli has been excellent in ODI cricket and Pujara is the second one I see who could dominate irrespective the conditions.

The range and no. of times Pujara scores through ground shots is admirable. I am not yet sold on Vijay being in the same league.

deepuparayil

International Cricketer
Well done India, only trail 38-24 lifetime to Australia now. No doubt they'll back this team for years to come after this famous victory, despite the inevitable failures when they leave the comfort of Indian curators. The young batting line-up will soon be exploited and Tendulkar's already long overdue to retire. Ashwin and Jadeja are decent spinners, but certainly not going into the history books.

Looking forward to some real cricket between two of the better teams on proper pitches come the Ashes. Not to mention the use of DRS to pull these corrupt umpires into line. Would be good to have a series against Pakistan meanwhile, but we'll probably be messing around playing the IPL kiddies games until then.

:lol the grapes are too sore for this lad.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
It's more about weather here sadly and it's still ice and snow 1oC at the end of March.

Ah, that's right... annihilate them with the swing then? ;)

Now I know what 4-0 feels like. It isn't a nice feeling :(

As bad as the two 0-4's away were, losing 1-2 at home to England was the real kick in the balls. :p

Yes, If siddle can get 2 50s in one match, Starc can get 99, Smith can get 92 I'm 100% sure that there are better batsmen around.

2 flukes 1 genuine knock(you know which is which) is enough to make you think that there are better players of spin within the Australian ranks? Okay. :rolleyes

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Brilliant win for the boys. Australians being whitewashed for first time since 1969-70. Pujara, Vijay, and Ashwin has been brilliant throughout the series. Sirji has proved me wrong everyday of this series so I just hope he can perform even half of this in South Africa. Kohli did well but I just wish he gets consistent in this format as he is in ODI. Sachin started the series very well by playing all the shots that we have seen in old Sachin but as the series progressed, he wasn't looking at his best. I think Dhoni has done his job well. He was playing his natural game which is to attack the bowlers. Bhuvi has done well when his team needed him to do well. Ishant was looking good sometimes but he fails to take wickets most of the times which is the main concern with him. Ojha was definitely not at his best but i am sure he looked good in the second inning today so I am sure he will improve. The only concern for India from this series is the way they have collapsed after big partnerships at the top. Let's hope they can draw the series in South Africa.

I know he has done excellent in this series but I have to do this:

Breaking News: Border-Gavaskar trophy has been renamed Border-Jadeja trophy.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
showing a bit of faith paid off in regards to lyon.

india looked very good though and surely the 2-1 to loss to england must be a little easier to swallow, it's taken two series to almost completely transition your batting line up and while you lost one you were able to bounce back with an absolutely crushing win, if I was indian I'd probably take that deal had it been offered 18 monys ago.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
2 flukes 1 genuine knock(you know which is which) is enough to make you think that there are better players of spin within the Australian ranks? Okay. :rolleyes
Pattinson, with a top score of 30, outperformed Watson on this tour.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Great win! Finishing them inside 3 days is not what I expected, but India just rolled Australia out in utter dominance. As Ashwin said, Pujara batted brilliantly on that surface, not letting Australia sneak in. It was a very hard wicket to bat on, and he batted with supreme composure.

Hope Ashwin learnt well enough from his mistakes and converts his performances to overseas conditions. If he can do that, India would have found their next Kumble.

KrishnamurthiN

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Vijay Has been consistent throughout this series....I hope he continues playing the same way in South Africa too..... Same goes to Pujara....Kohli has been getting the starts he wants but has failed to capitalise it and convert it into a big innings except for the innings where he scored a 100...Hope he doesn't do the same in SA....Dhoni, apart from his 224 in in chennai has scored only 80 or 90 odd runs in the rest 3 matches...so he has to make sure he scores well and in a consistent manner in SA.....Apart from these guys the middle order just din fire when they needed to except Sachin who started the series well but got worser as the series progressed....When it comes to bowling R.Ashwin was very consistent throughout the series with 29 wkts to his credit and an avg of 20.something...so again I hope he maintains this form n does well against the proteas....then comes sirji who also fared well with some 20 or 21 wkts this whole series to his credit...but when it comes to sirji we can't hope anything based on this performance of his but we want him to do well against the proteas too by getting not oly wkts but hitting runs with the bat too.....Ojha was ok and he can definitely improve so again I hope he does well against RSA....Bhuvi was also ok as he struck when his team needed him to as was Ishanth(though his performance is the least in terms of bowling for us this series) but it is these two must spearhead our Indian attack against the proteas and get more wickets for us.....So As a unit though we Indians won the series 4-0 we must look at the negatives we suffered from in this series as a unit and overcome them as well as strengthen ourselves by lookin at the positives we had in this series and Pack an Unexpected Punch for the Proteas......

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
1.Sehwag-I dont see him make a comeback anytime in the near future.Epic failure in the matches he played.

2.Vijay-Got out in humiliating fashions in his homeground.Take away Madras test,Vijay was pretty good with the bat.But he needs to improve his skills as a close in fielder.I dont expect him to be Eknath Solkar but atleast to an extent where he can take sitters.

3.Dhawan-Stand out performance in the only chance he got.Sad that he was injured,hope he is picked for the tour of South Africa and he gets to face Steyns and Morkels there.

4.Pujara-Hats off to the Rock solid No.3 and the make shift opener.Every innings of his has been carved with perfection.His fielding is good too but needs to be more accurate while throwing.

5.Rahane-Dissapointment at its peak.The manner in which he got out looks sick.But lets give him some time.Its his first series after all.Fielding is impressive as always.

6.Sachin-Looked solid in Chepauk but its the same old story after that.Lyon is a very mediocre bowler but Sachin has been kind of rusty while playing him.Maybe Master has played his last home test.

7.Kohli-Got starts but dint really get going.Should work more on his backfoot shots.He looked kind of uncomfortable with backfoot.

8.Dhoni-First of all,brilliant and innovative captaincy.The old MSD is back as a captain who threw the ball to Joginder in the finals of the inaugral T20 world cup.Batting was good,he tried to attack from the word go which looked positive.Keeping has improved so much.

9."SIR" Jadeja-Picked as an all rounder,was a part of the team only as a specalist fielder thought but he is becoming like Shahid Afridi in the making.Very impressive when the bowl is thrown at him.Infact Dhoni threw the ball to Sir whenever he wanted a wicket.His bowling with Ashwin in tandom was perfect.Needs to work on his batting a lot espically the way in which he got out in Madras test in the 2nd innings cannot be pardoned at any court.

10.Harbhajan-Sorry to see such a big name carry water and juice for the players.Never looked like taking a wicket any time.I dont see him in the squad for the tour of South Africa.

11.Ashwin-Top performer.My pick of the series.Was a wooden duck with the bat this time around but neverthless his bowling looked solid and nagging.He has improved so much after the drubbing he got against the Barmy Army.The "PLASTIC ENGINEER" needs to work a lot on his fielding.

12.Ishant-Bowling is way below the par.Never looked threatening.Siddle can play a Rahul Dravid cover drive almost every ball Ishi bowls.Needs to improve a lot that too with Shami Ahmed,Umesh Yadav and Ashok Dinda ready in line for the tour of South Africa.

12.Bhuvaneshwar-Looked okay but not threatening as he was in the ODIs.Still doesnt have the 100% test temprament.Lets see what he does in the pace assisting SA conditions.Looked ubercool with the bat.He is no goat with the bat.

13.Ojha-Very normal bowling.Never looked at his best.He is certainly low in confidence.Should travel to SA though.Needs to bowl a lot more.But "SIR" Jadeja is giving him a tough time with some tight performance.

Overall-Decent team effort i would say.This Australian team can be beaten by even Zimbabwe in the Sub continent tracks.Sad to see the ONCE MIGHTY AUSSIES now the sheeps of Cricket.Neverthless they have lost Ricky and Huss in quick successions and they need some time before they come back to rule the world again.Batting really needs to improve a lot.Gilchrist,Hayden,Ponting,Martyn must be thinking of making a comeback :rolleyes (Obviously sarcastic)

Looking forward to see the Aussies come hard against England and win the Ashes with the conditions assisting the Aussies.Now some break from International cricket and lets move to Franchise cricket.

Last edited by a moderator:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
@Madhavan: Tooo harsh on Bhuvaneshwar, I feel. In a series that was completely dominated by the spinners, he shone enough to make a case for himself in the test arena. When the Aussie fast bowlers couldn't get much purchase during the series, Bhuvi got enough purchase from the wicket and the conditions with his appreciable swing and movement. I would go as far to say that we have found a reliable fast medium bowler for India who is also reliable with the bat.

One more thing about Kohli is, either he should stop dropping catches at slip or Dhoni should find a different fielder for that position. He is too buttery fingered. Yesterday when him and Raina were practicing slip catching with one of the team management guys, Kohli was letting go of too many practice catches too. He needs to be patient and calm while fielding at slip. He always seems to be bubbling and impatient and that lets him down probably when fielding at slip.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
@Madhavan: Tooo harsh on Bhuvaneshwar, I feel. In a series that was completely dominated by the spinners, he shone enough to make a case for himself in the test arena. When the Aussie fast bowlers couldn't get much purchase during the series, Bhuvi got enough purchase from the wicket and the conditions with his appreciable swing and movement. I would go as far to say that we have found a reliable fast medium bowler for India who is also reliable with the bat.

One more thing about Kohli is, either he should stop dropping catches at slip or Dhoni should find a different fielder for that position. He is too buttery fingered. Yesterday when him and Raina were practicing slip catching with one of the team management guys, Kohli was letting go of too many practice catches too. He needs to be patient and calm while fielding at slip. He always seems to be bubbling and impatient and that lets him down probably when fielding at slip.

I'd like to see Kohli out of slip ASAP, he just looks so uncomfortable there and more importantly, his ground fielding is of no use with him at slip. Pujara I feel would make a good slipper and he isn't all that fast on his feet, so definitely worth a try.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread