1st Test: England v Australia

Exactly. I wonder why Broad was picked ahead of Onions or Sidebottom. I`ve not seen anything from Broad, in tests so far to suggest that he could be a wicket-taker.

If Broad couldn't bat he wouldn't be playing for England right now.

Nice drive from Clarke there btw.

Nerd.You're multitasking :D

Exactly.

Broad seems to be getting some tips from Prior there. Has he decided to keep wickets?:p Seriously, England are giving this away very quickly now.

Well England do have Flintoff, Anderson, Swann and Panesar so they have wicket takers.

Panesar has been woefully out of form for sometime and Flintoff is as likely to get injured as the likelihood of it drizzling in Manchester.
So that leaves you with Anderson and Swann. Although Swann is a really good talent, he is no Murali at the moment. Makes it all the more important to bring in someone like Sidebottom.

Sidey can bat decently as well.

strauss should be fired... what's with the 2 fielders in close covers - It's ok to be fancy with field setups if you trust your bowlers to put it on the spot...

yep the number 8 spot is fast becoming a bowling-batsman spot

Australia-Johnson
New Zealand-Vettori
England-Broad
India-Singh
Sri Lanka-It use to be Vaas
Pakistan-I have no idea
West Indies-Taylor
South Africa-Harris
Bangaladesh-Mortaza

I guess your right in a way, but a lot of those players aren't very good test bowlers.

"@BumbleCricket Just please don't say he's 'organised'. Most over used adjective in the Sky commentary box."

Just 'tweeted' that to Bumble before his analysis of Marcus North =]

Atherton just brought that No.8 slot point up on air as well.

Has Australia pinched Flynn of us, his technique is so similar. He even has the same flick.

That was a poor over from Swann. Panesar looks far better.

Is this just the first of many "Jacko" sightings to come a la Elvis?

Do you have it on you clipboard and keep posting it at random times?:banana2

Users who are viewing this thread