1st Test: England v Australia

We seemed lifeless since the morning. I blame it on Strauss' captaincy, why open with Broad and Monty? Our 3rd best seamer, who has a niggle and a spinner who barely made the side is very likely a horses for courses selection?

We should have opened with Fred and Anderson, our two best bowlers.

Sean, can't seem to get on your profile for some reason. I just looked Swanny, Broad and Anderson up on Twitter. The Broad profile's been deleted, and the other 2 look very suspect, reckon they're fakes, there are loads of them on Twitter. I seriously doubt Jimmy would be tweeting this:

"Nothing on TV, better get an early night - got to get some runs tomorrow!"

All 3 profiles use the same username pattern as well, the players name + their ODi number, most probably made by the same weirdo.

Note: Ben still insistent that Powell's better than Broad. Also been saying how Hughes's 36 wsa seriously impressive, and the way he batted was incredible. Saying that every run he scored came off the middle whereas only 40% of England's runs came off the edge or splice of the bat. Still miss him?

Lol that's exactly what I was thinking. Tighter too.

Tbh, even the rain has bowled better than Broad so far.

Certainly has more in its armoury that Broad.

He's a good bowler, no doubting that, but all he's been doing is just going to the end of his run-up, running in, letting go of the ball, turning round and doing it again.

The only ball he's looked like being more dangerous than a puppy was that one with the old ball, where it popped off the pitch.

Tomorrow looks like its going to be completely washed out, we might get some play early in the morning, but I doubt we'll get much more looking at the radar.

Sean, can't seem to get on your profile for some reason. I just looked Swanny, Broad and Anderson up on Twitter. The Broad profile's been deleted, and the other 2 look very suspect, reckon they're fakes, there are loads of them on Twitter. I seriously doubt Jimmy would be tweeting this:

All 3 profiles use the same username pattern as well, the players name + their ODi number, most probably made by the same weirdo.

Note: Ben still insistent that Powell's better than Broad. Also been saying how Hughes's 36 wsa seriously impressive, and the way he batted was incredible. Saying that every run he scored came off the middle whereas only 40% of England's runs came off the edge or splice of the bat. Still miss him?

Broad's just a little better, they both average 40 in test cricket so the arguement isn't that silly. But Broad should get better, send him back to county cricket for 1-2 years. He just needs to find something extra with his bowling.

Yeah, thought it was a bit weird. The last thing they'd wanna do is telling the whole world that they are gonna go to bed.

Punter provides updates on his facebook though which is pretty cool. It's legit because it's for his runrickyrun foundation.

Broad's just a little better, they both average 40 in test cricket so the arguement isn't that silly. But Broad should get better, send him back to county cricket for 1-2 years. He just needs to find something extra with his bowling.

Don't you start. :p Powell averages 47 and was eventually replaced by a very average bowler like Baker, Broad averages 38. In terms of actually watching them as well, Broad is far more consistent, well he is now anyway. Powell's had a few decent innings of bowling, but Broad is much better.

Don't you start. :p Powell averages 47 and was eventually replaced by a very average bowler like Baker, Broad averages 38. In terms of actually watching them as well, Broad is far more consistent, well he is now anyway. Powell's had a few decent innings of bowling, but Broad is much better.

Powell is/was a rubbish test bowler because he never wanted to learn. It didn't help his place in the team was pretty much asured every game no matter how badly he preformed. Broad has shown over the last 6-12 months that he can improve, and his pace is pretty impressive. But what they both have in common is that fact that they do very little with the ball. Broad just needs to find consistancy with his movement and he should be fine. England just need to drop him for a year or two and tell him to improve on a few things. Doing this I could actually see his batting developing also, he would be a top 6-7 batsmen in county cricket.

Its true though, you just cannot run in and bowl 90MPH without getting slapped.

Batsmen don't even need to try to force it to the boundary, angle the bat, and it'll go!

Where has his cutters and cross-seam bowling been? He tried it earlier today but then went back to offering up bowling which the batsmen used as leaving practise.

I was gonna say I was shocked there was a rain break in England that actually benefited England then I remembered...it's in Wales.

6:15 start according to Bumble on Twitter. I wonder if he apprecited he pointing out his use of the word 'organised'? Using the lights as well.

Users who are viewing this thread