1st Test: England v Australia

C'mon aussies, line 'em up and knock em down next session. We only need the next wicket until the Poms crumble. As that sign said yesterday,

"only cowards pray for rain".

^^ Laughed my head off when I saw that.

Should tell Monty to nick off and bring in Harmison. Onions is fairing up to be a great 12th man in the field ;)

Last edited:
Highly unlikely but if we're to have any chance these two still need to be at the crease come Tea.

It's going to be hard to come back from 1-0 down in this series.

Even harder to come back from 2-0 down which I'm sure England will be in a week or two's time

Hauritz bowled pretty good! Finally bowled like I have said he does for months and months. He bowls accurate, tight, economic then manages to pick up a wicket or 2.

Yeah, he might get picked for the second test, but if he does, who does Lee replace?

At this rate Lee doesn't replace anyone. That's until the next tour match before the 3rd test though when he bowls out of his skin and I will be calling for him again!!

To be honest i'd continue with this attack. They gel together and the variety is there. Lee should come back after the 2nd test.

Hauritz bowled pretty good! Finally bowled like I have said he does for months and months. He bowls accurate, tight, economic then manages to pick up a wicket or 2.
He did it against South Africa too. Criticism of him has been unwarranted. He is doing quite the same job as Paul Harris for South Africa did.

Here's an interesting state that helps Bells case. The 2nd best runs since 2000 between batsman 5-7 (and average wise) has been Bell and Prior (average of 83 per innings together). These are all countries. They have the highest average.

Oh brilliant. More 2005 rubbish. Wonder if they'll do a similar feature on 2006/07?

I don`t think it is anyone`s fault. It always happens after a famous series between 2 sides.

We saw that with the 2001 India-Australia test series as well. Whenever there is an India-Australia series around, people do talk of Kolkata 2001 and Chennai 2001. However, in India`s case, they did manage a couple of good series against Australia to follow the 2001 series up and hence the references to the 2001 series have`nt been as strong.
Had India not drawn the seriesn in Australia in 2003 1-1, Iam absolutely sure that the media would still have been harping about the 2001 series even in 2008/9.

Last edited:
Jones and his girlfriend. That is his girlfriend? She would steam up the English WAGs.

Hilfy getting some nice swing both ways as well as a hint of reverse there. Mitch on the other hand is having trouble getting the ball through to Haddin on the full lol.

Users who are viewing this thread