1st Test: England v Australia

Broad needs to be given 1 more game, he's been bowling well of late and it'd be incredibly harsh to drop him after 1 poor performance.

1 bad performance? What cricket have you been watching? Oh against the winidies in the middle of winter.....any man and his dog couldve bowled well in those conditions.

What, you mean the conditions where after Jamaica there were 3 draws on 3 of the flattest pitches I have ever seen, the conditions where Jimmy Anderson averaged 38 with the ball and where Ryan Sidebottom averaged 181. Where he was our only bowler to play all 4 Tests, finishing the series with 12 wickets at 30 with an economy of 2.80. Where Fidel Edwards struggled to pick up wickets, and where bar Jamaica the rest of their bowlers struggled to pick up wickets as well. Would like to see every man and his dog pick up wickets in those conditions.........

Broad followed that series up with 8 wickets at 25 at home against the Windies. He is in form, he's been bowling well, and 1 Test should not change that, and I don't think the selectors will change their opinion on him because of 1 poor Test on a flat, slow deck. He is good enough, and hopefully he'll prove it.

Ayub, surely Onions being 12th man means he's the man next in line? =/

Last edited:
I hope Aus get a wicket soon or evertonfan will be dissapointed cause Monty won't have anough time to blast that century

whats with the english commentators? talking about a bad pitch for seam bowlers.....we have the crappest spinner in test cricket and have managed to take so far 16 english wickets in a day and a half.

By the way - whos commentating on the SBS coverage? do you have mark nicholas and boycott from the channel 5 team? it strikes me strange that they sit there and commentate all day for a 45 minute highlights package to be shown on English TV.

Botham "Try Clarke as this pitch is similar to Mumbai where he got his career best".

:p This is flat deck and that pitch was minefield. The match was over within 2 days.

What, you mean the conditions where after Jamaica there were 3 draws on 3 of the flattest pitches I have ever seen, the conditions where Jimmy Anderson averaged 38 with the ball and where Ryan Sidebottom averaged 181. Where he was our only bowler to play all 4 Tests, finishing the series with 12 wickets at 30 with an economy of 2.80. Where Fidel Edwards struggled to pick up wickets, and where bar Jamaica the rest of their bowlers struggled to pick up wickets as well. Would like to see every man and his dog pick up wickets in those conditions.........

Have a look at that West Indian team he played against.

Now, compare it to the Australian one. See the difference in quality? Broad isn't good enough for Australia in a test match. It wasn't as if Broad was just having a bad day, he looked completely harmless and the Australian batsman were too good for him. I don't even see what he is trying to achieve - is he trying to be a Clarke/Siddle/McGrath type bowler? If he is, he lacks the cut, bounce, pace and the patience. Australian batsman can actually play the hook.

But Dan, at the end of the day the fact remains that Onions and Harmison are in form. Broad isn't. I don't care what you say - no "in form" bowler bowls like him right now.

On this season's and last season's form Onions is the best bowler in England. I'm sure his average for Durham this season is something like 11 something. It's certainly no higher than 15.

whats with the english commentators? talking about a bad pitch for seam bowlers.....we have the crappest spinner in test cricket and have managed to take so far 16 english wickets in a day and a half.

By the way - whos commentating on the SBS coverage? do you have mark nicholas and boycott from the channel 5 team? it strikes me strange that they sit there and commentate all day for a 45 minute highlights package to be shown on English TV.

SBS coverage has the sky sports as well, so it's the same.

Don't see how Hauritz is the crappest in the world, you obviously don't watch domestic cricket. This is how he works. You can't hit him for runs and eventually he gets a few wickets. Get used to it boy.

Siddle's pure aggression has knocked Colly out of his bubble of concentration.

Come on Colly!

Tbh id rather Sidebottom in than Harmison. Yer harmison has the pace and all that but with 5 left handers or whatever it is we need a left arm bowler to bowl to them.

England need to be brave in their selections, get harmy and rashid in for monty, and dare i say it swann. We need a kick up the arse, and whilst it would be harsh on swann, bowling constant over pitched deliveries is not good enough in an ashes series.

Hauritz, well bowled. He gets so much slack - but if you actually look what he has done recently he's not too bad.

Haha, Broad shacking his head at the umpire. He should have been out first ball.

Users who are viewing this thread