1st Test: England v Australia

Broad gone, the beginning of the end for England. I hope we lose, time to make changes before its too late.

SBS coverage has the sky sports as well, so it's the same.

Don't see how Hauritz is the crappest in the world, you obviously don't watch domestic cricket. This is how he works. You can't hit him for runs and eventually he gets a few wickets. Get used to it boy.

nah your right, i havent seen domestic cricket in a while cause i havent been at home in a while....im a sucker to the hype! he did look slightly useless in the warmups though. i think the negative press has helped him a lot in terms of taking pressure off...no one expects anything from him, but it wont take long before they sort hime out i dont think. im becoming a fan though...its always fun to watch a guy whos considered a no hoper get some very good guys out.

So back to Broad - he has only had success against rubbish. sure he got the likes of chanders and gayle out a coupla times...but it was through batsman error more so than good bowling. when will it take the english to realise that ONE home series win against the windies does not make a team. id back the windies to spank them if they were playing during the normal cricket season in england.

Have a look at that West Indian team he played against.

Why did Jimmy Anderson fail to take as many wickets at as good an average as Broad then? Is Graeme Swann not good enough either then, given he's had a bad game and only performed against West Indies?

Now, compare it to the Australian one. See the difference in quality? Broad isn't good enough for Australia in a test match. It wasn't as if Broad was just having a bad day, he looked completely harmless and the Australian batsman were too good for him. I don't even see what he is trying to achieve - is he trying to be a Clarke/Siddle/McGrath type bowler? If he is, he lacks the cut, bounce, pace and the patience. Australian batsman can actually play the hook.

I see the difference in quality, but how do you know Onions is a better option, he's only performed against the West Indies and County batsmen, see the difference in quality?

He was just having a bad Test. Bowlers generally look harmless when they're having a bad Test. Broad is capable of bowling a hell of alot better than he did in this Test, and if you don't believe me then you've clearly not watched enough of him. He didn't get wickets against the West Indies against the likes of Chanderpaul and Sarwan by bowling the rubbish he has been in this Test.

But Dan, at the end of the day the fact remains that Onions and Harmison are in form. Broad isn't. I don't care what you say - no "in form" bowler bowls like him right now.

Broad is in form. He's been bowling very well in the last 5-6 months in and away from England in both forms of the game. He's just had a bad Test, bowlers have them sometimes.

Broad out, looked abit high but meh, not too fussed.

Broad gone, LBW. Not too high for me, just hitting top of stumps.

Harmison seems to be red-hot right now, surely he should play in place of one of the spinners (Panesar, for me)?

Edit: Broad is not a bad player, he's just having a very bad game. He is capable of a lot better than this!

Last edited:
Its official Hauritz is Man of Match.

Also whenever dude posts England loose wicket.

Why did Jimmy Anderson fail to take as many wickets at as good an average as Broad then? Is Graeme Swann not good enough either then, given he's had a bad game and only performed against West Indies?

He and Graeme Swann aren't to be compared. One is a spinner and one is a pace bowler. If you must know my opinion on Swann, I think he's fairly average.

I see the difference in quality, but how do you know Onions is a better option, he's only performed against the West Indies and County batsmen, see the difference in quality?

Anyone who averages what Onions is averaging in domestic cricket deserves to be playing - especially when a team got 646-6 with their eyes closed against you.

He was just having a bad Test. Bowlers generally look harmless when they're having a bad Test.

Not good bowlers. Johnson has bowled badly for his standards, but he is at least looking threatening on the odd occasion. Broad never looked threatening, did he even bowl a good ball? Certainly didn't seem like it.

Broad is in form.

No, he's not. He's rubbish at the moment and needs a kick up the arse for bowling the tripe he was bowling. Test Cricket isn't ODI or T20 cricket - if you are really in form you'd bowl the odd good over. At least. Broad had a lot of overs and never looked good enough. That's a sure fire sign he is in bad form.
--

Well batted Colly! Admire him lots.

Fantastic bowling here by Hauritz, 22 overs 41 runs and 3 wickets, Aus now just require 3 more wickets, and they have i more session,they should win here,they have dominated almost all sessions of this match....

Broad gone, the beginning of the end for England. I hope we lose, time to make changes before its too late.

Wouldn't it be better to get away with a draw and then make changes?

50 for Colly, well played. Useless in ODI/Twenty-20, but good Test player.

England batsman have caught Yuvraj Bug. Not look happy when they get out.:p

Anyone who averages what Onions is averaging in domestic cricket deserves to be playing - especially when a team got 646-6 with their eyes closed against you.

Never said Onions shouldn't be playing, I actually said he should, so where that's come from I don't know. It's Harmison I don't want in the side. I said Onions in for Panesar.

Not good bowlers. Johnson has bowled badly for his standards, but he is at least looking threatening on the odd occasion. Broad never looked threatening, did he even bowl a good ball? Certainly didn't seem like it.

LMAO. This is like reading a message from Ben, pure drivel. So no good bowler ever has an off day?

As for Broad not bowling a good ball, you're talking absolute rubbish there. He bowled quite a few very good overs, with some very good deliveries, picking up a wicket with one of them. I understand not liking Broad, but this is just a laughable attempt at making him out to be worse than he is.

No, he's not. He's rubbish at the moment and needs a kick up the arse for bowling the tripe he was bowling.

He is. He's just had a bad game, and I'm sure he'll get a kick up the arse for it. He is good enough though, he will prove you wrong.

nah your right, i havent seen domestic cricket in a while cause i havent been at home in a while....im a sucker to the hype! he did look slightly useless in the warmups though. i think the negative press has helped him a lot in terms of taking pressure off...no one expects anything from him, but it wont take long before they sort hime out i dont think. im becoming a fan though...its always fun to watch a guy whos considered a no hoper get some very good guys out.

Yeah he wasn't good as he got hit for runs and really became useless. In time and experience when he gets hit for a bit he will be able to bounce back.

LMAO. This is like reading a message from Ben, pure drivel. So no good bowler ever has an off day?

Not if their in good form.

As for Broad not bowling a good ball, you're talking absolute rubbish there. He bowled quite a few very good overs, with some very good deliveries, picking up a wicket with one of them. I understand not liking Broad, but this is just a laughable attempt at making him out to be worse than he is.
It's called hyperbole.

Answer me this Dan, what makes you think he is in good form?

The fact that he took wickets against the West Indies months ago? You do realise form can change in literally a day right?

I'm not disputing the fact that Broad has bowled well before - I've seen a lot of him. But the fact that you are suggesting he is in good form is hilarious, especially when the only serious merit of achievement he has earned in my books took place in the Caribbean many months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread