1st Test: England v Australia

and has 1 bad game and he's suddenly not in any form.

Yep. Happens all the time. If Broad had the record of McGrath then sure, keep him in. The fact is he doesn't. If Broad really is one of your 2 best pace bowlers (excluding the Freddie - who is an all rounder) right now, something is seriously wrong. Seriously wrong.

So yeah, I'm going out on a limb and saying that there are better bowlers in England right now than young Broad. I'm also confident in saying he is in terrible form.

Lets leave it at that hey?

Here we go Nasser Hussein looking for excuses ...

Wow that's new, it was just the 'Ashes' pressure.

doh it, give Siddle MOTM for that, that was beautiful. Actually, who would be MOTM? Ponting?

Aye, Punter for mine. Took 2 catches (?) and 150 runs. Top effort. Next in line would probably be the Katman considering his situation compared to North's.

Feelin Blue? added 4 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

Just watching the highlights it reminded me of Priors wicket. How is he averaging 50 in Test cricket? Terrible shot attempt. He tried to play a cut shot earlier and it only just missed the edge but he tried it again and its just insane. All he needed to do was to get on the back foot and play it down. Has he always had a problem against spinners?

Just watching the highlights it reminded me of Priors wicket. How is he averaging 50 in Test cricket? Terrible shot attempt. He tried to play a cut shot earlier and it only just missed the edge but he tried it again and its just insane. All he needed to do was to get on the back foot and play it down. Has he always had a problem against spinners?

From what I've seen of him - he doesn't have a leg side game. That's why he falls away and tries to play through the off side. He's a fairly good bat though.

It's one thing to say Broad is doing the job, but if you consider his potential to be brilliant, then he's definitely got a ways to go. I don't think it's such a bad thing to let a young player go and see what he does to get back into the team.

It's one thing to say Broad is doing the job, but if you consider his potential to be brilliant, then he's definitely got a ways to go. I don't think it's such a bad thing to let a young player go and see what he does to get back into the team.

It did wonders for Clarke. Got dropped, went away and racked up a double ton for the Blues. Came back a more solid, mature and smarter player.

Hauritz - 150/6
England - 674/6

Pretty much sums the game up really.

Broad's been to Notts this year and got wickets. 16 wickets at 21. He's just had a bad game, young players will have them, especially fast bowlers on pitches like this.

From what I've seen of him - he doesn't have a leg side game. That's why he falls away and tries to play through the off side. He's a fairly good bat though.

Yep, and he got cleaned up in the first innings when he tried to play the inswinger through mid-off. Not a bad batsmen but 6 might be a little high for him considering we worked him out after 1 innings. Could be a rough series unless he finds a solution.

Didn't get him out playing on the leg-side in the 2nd innings. Hardly say you've comprehensively worked him out, I've seen him play on the leg-side, he's certainly no Phillip Hughes.

Didn't get him out playing on the leg-side in the 2nd innings. Hardly say you've comprehensively worked him out, I've seen him play on the leg-side, he's certainly no Phillip Hughes.

Yes it did. His leg side weakness got him out. He fell backwards and played a horrible shot, because he wanted to hit a leg side shot on the off side.

England will start the session decently before losing 1 wicket then being all out 5 overs later.

He played a cut shot, that's not a leg-side shot =/ It was wide outside the off-stump, he just didn't think it'd turn much, just a poor shot. He does have a leg-side game. He's no Kevin Pietersen, but he has a leg-side game.

Users who are viewing this thread