1st Test: England v Australia

He played a cut shot, that's not a leg-side shot =/ It was wide outside the off-stump, he just didn't think it'd turn much, just a poor shot. He does have a leg-side game. He's no Kevin Pietersen, but he has a leg-side game.

Nah, that ball should have been played towards the leg side without a doubt. He should have knocked it around the corner or dead batted it to mid wicket.

Broad gone, LBW. Not too high for me, just hitting top of stumps.

Harmison seems to be red-hot right now, surely he should play in place of one of the spinners (Panesar, for me)?

Edit: Broad is not a bad player, he's just having a very bad game. He is capable of a lot better than this!

Of course, but we wouldn't be English if we didn't overreact and make a drama out of things. :p

Didn't get him out playing on the leg-side in the 2nd innings. Hardly say you've comprehensively worked him out, I've seen him play on the leg-side, he's certainly no Phillip Hughes.

No we haven't comprehensively worked him out, if you will, but it's hard to say we haven't got a good idea of where we need to bowl - On the offside swinging or spinning back on. His reluctance to play on the leg-side means you can get him going for a cut or cover drive only to bring it back into him and cause him problems.

It's going to happen all series.

Let's go Katman. His face just before he started that over was hilarious.

A Rashid 18.0 4 32 3

Yeh he should have done, but it was just poor shot selection, not evidence of his lack of leg-side play.

Yeah it is mate. The fact he was so keen on playing the ball to the off side shows he is reluctant to play it properly to the on side. Simple.

A Rashid 18.0 4 32 3

Yeh he should have done, but it was just poor shot selection, not evidence of his lack of leg-side play.

More evidence of a reluctance to play on the legside imo. He played some decent legside shots in the first innings tbf but he'll be targeted down that side a majority of the series.

Feelin Blue? added 1 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

Why was Nasser talking about rough outside Swanns legstump? Katich spins it like an off spinner not a leg spinner. If he hit that it would spin off the pitch.

New ball due very soon. Anderson is our nightwatchman so he ought to be able to hang around for a few overs. Panesar I have no confidence in.

Me likey. A hint of movement, just a hint, but that's all you need against tail enders (even though it was Collingwood, I mean for Swann and when Jimmy and Panesar come in)

England'll get a draw here. As long as Swann and Colly stay in for the next 15 overs at least.

I may be a bit behind, but 23.5 overs to go and 3 English wickets to get. There is also the small matter of 38 runs needed by England to force Australia to bat again. In terms of time, if they get a lead they might escape with a draw by batting only about 18-20 overs...

To be fair, we made 435 in the first innings: that isn't bad at all. What we have to do is get our batsmen to cut out the stupid fancy-Dan shots when they get to 50 or 60. That shot KP got out to was just ridiculous. The bowling has been pretty poor though. God, to have Simon Jones back and bowling at his best...

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

England'll get a draw here. As long as Swann and Colly stay in for the next 15 overs at least.

I wouldn't be so sure. Our real 'tailenders' need to stick around a bit (a lot) to give us a chance. This can go until 6:30, can't it?

Oh ****in hell, Mitch, it might work if there were say, fourteen stumps along the pitch, at the moment you're just giving runs away...

Users who are viewing this thread