1st Test: England v Australia

Only about 130 deliveries to go for England to pull off a (undeserved) draw...

It's a batman's wicket and the Aussie attack is poor. England should never have been in this position and should easily have secured the draw. They might still do so due to some heroics from Colly and Swann but a draw should have been straightforward.

Johnson has been bowling very badly. His accuracy has been all over the place, yet his figures are so good.

Johnson has been bowling very badly. His accuracy has been all over the place, yet his figures are so good.

Because he's bowled so wide that we can't lay a bat on him :D Pretty much the left arm version of Broad's T20 round the wicket ploy. Genius.

King Pietersen added 1 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

Oh god. Swann's gone. If Colly gets out we're screwed.

It's a batman's wicket and the Aussie attack is poor. England should never have been in this position and should easily have secured the draw. They might still do so due to some heroics from Colly and Swann but a draw should have been straightforward.
England should have secured the draw, but they've played like crap and don't deserve the draw.

Swann's out. Oh dear. 19 overs to go with Colly, Anderson and Panesar. England trail by 18 runs. Oh boy...

Oh ffs. Just when I thought we could get a draw. Shouldn't have tried to pull it tbh, just defend all the balls and leave the runs to Colly.

Another England batsman playing across the line to a straight one and going leg before.
C'mon Jimmy. 12 overs should do it.

For the good of the game, I am kinda hoping Australia wins. England don't deserve anything but a loss for the way they've played.

Jimmy Anderson can handle himself though. This is going to be good.

what happened to simon jones.No news about him after ashes 2005.Hope England saves the match.

We'll still lose and deservedly so, but goodness me Paul Collingwood is showing why he's one of England's most valuable players. Terrific performance.

evertonfan added 0 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

what happened simon jones.No news about him after ashes 2005.

His knees are made of jelly.

Users who are viewing this thread