1st Test: England v Australia

Swann being roughed up here.

Adding my 2 cent Broad should play County. The bowling attack is unbalanced and has potential. He's dragging them down.

I'm not disputing the fact that Broad has bowled well before - I've seen a lot of him. But the fact that you are suggesting he is in good form is hilarious, especially when the only serious merit of achievement he has earned in my books took place in the Caribbean many moths ago.

The performances in the Caribbean + the Test and ODi series against the West Indies at home, and the 16 wickets at 21 in FC cricket in 2009. That enough for ya?

Doesn't he need to revise for an exam? I reckon he should get his books out now!

Hmm....i'm wary of typing anything else.

The performances in the Caribbean + the Test and ODi series against the West Indies at home, and the 16 wickets at 21 in FC cricket in 2009. That enough for ya?

Nope. He's not in good form. Just because he was in good form months ago doesn't mean he is anymore. As I said, form can change in one day, hell it can change in one hour. Surely you realise this.

That's all I'm going to say on the matter. To repeat myself, I'm not saying he is a bad bowler. I'm saying he is in bad form and doesn't deserve to play the next match.

Agree to disagree. If you really think he's in good form I'm not going to bother, ;)

Usually when I'm watching England play I never get the feeling we're playing to win. That's the difference between us and Australia.

A few months ago? What are you on about? He's performed well all season (the 21 wickets in FC cricket in 2009 are this season, same season as Onions has taken his wickets), and has 1 bad game and he's suddenly not in any form. Form's a far more long term thing than you're making it out to be. If we were judging form like this we'd need to change the XI every single game. He's had 1 bad game, he shouldn't be dropped, and I have faith in our selectors that he won't be dropped.

I feel like i can post now its tea as we wont lose a wicket :p

Swann took a bit of a battering that last one must of really hurt right on the muscle so is gonna swell up like a biatch.

Broad isnt in great form and if we're serious about winning the ashes we'll have to play 4 bowlers an allrounder and 6 batsmen rather than 3 bowlers 2 allrounders and 6 batsmen. Changes for the next test for me would be Sidebottom in for Broad and Onions/Harmison in for Panesar.

Users who are viewing this thread